t h r e e

I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong - Unknown

--

Hermione Third POV

Ivy and ferns grew through the crevices of the old winding stone path, which led directly to the colossal structure. The mansion loomed proudly behind creaky iron gates, flanked by rows of skeletal trees crowned in crimson, swaying gently to the chilly autumn wind. At its threshold stood the delicate marble fountain, the soft gurgling of the clear water melodic as it resonated in the surrounding silence.

She stood still, with no strength to move. Her shaky fingers finally come to stop after running restlessly through her messed up hair. She bit down on her lip trying not to burst into tears. This wasn't  going to help, it wasn't going to change anything.Her heart still wouldn't stop racing, forcing tears to roll down her face.

Third Person
The two walked down the winding gravel path to the white  house, that exceeded boths expectations.
Draco unlocked the door the muggle way and took in his and Hermiones bag.

The mahogany hall, stretched for what Hermione thought a mile, but soon realised that to be impossible. But from the events of today, she wondered if anything  was impossible.
"Well this is it" Draco began.
Silence
Hermione was still staring at the floor, not daring  to look at the house, not daring to look at her reality.

"Look Granger," Draco sighed. He had sighed a lot that day. To him the stress was seeping through his head like ink on paper.
"We have to be civil towards each other. We need to forget our past ways and just be friends."

When she didn't reply, Draco tapped her on the shoulder and her head ,which was previously looking to the ground, caught his gaze.

"Come on, let's go explore."

Draco took off his brown patent shoes, making himself comfortable and went up the stairs, with both bags. Hermione quickly followed, not really sure what to do. He opened one door of the top floor. It was the master bedroom.

The walls were a rose gold. The large double bed (only bed, Hermione noted) sat proudly in the centre of the room. At the foot of the bed, sat a large brown cabinet, and a huge black plasma screen sat on top of it. To the right of the bed was a brown door which led to the walk in wardrobe . Hermione entered and saw the size of it; a small bedroom. On the other side of the bed there was another door leading to the black modern en-suite.

Hermione sighed as she looked up and the glimmering chandelier.

Why had this happened?

Oh yeah that's right, the Ministry. Just because they had 'suffered great loss' didn't mean she had to marry this tosser. Of course the punishments were horrific.

• Banishment from the wizarding world

• ^^^ meaning you couldn't see your friends

• Death

Hermione noticed that Draco had entered the walk in wardrobe to stand next to her and began unpacking all their belongings. Furious, she began shaking her head at him but he didn't notice. He was in his own little world.

"No?" He asked finally turning around, with a confused look on his pale face. Without replying, Hermione picked up his bag and dumped it in another room. This room was a dark green decorated with silver embellishments. It was almost as though it was made for the 'Slytherin Prince'.

"Oh I see, not wanting to sleep in the same room?"                                                                                                    
The left side of his faint red lip tugged upwards creating a sinister smirk on his god like face; casting a spell of lust to eyes that dare look his way.She only replied with a cold glare.
"Are you not going to talk to me Granger?"