s i x

Arrogannce diminishes wisdom - Arabian proverb

...................................................................

tick tock tick tock

He'd been sat at the table waiting for her to come down for almost 11 minutes. It wasn't that hard to walk down a set of stairs. She didn't even have to get dressed or anything. He himself was just wearing a button up white shirt and black pants. It was a simple meal in their home, which meant she or he didn't have to get dressed up for anyone. But for some weird reason, he found himself staring at the brunette in a compelling way. the breath hitched in his throat and he stood and stared.

She wore a green cocktail dress made of soft, satiny fabric, long and loose. Draco let his eyes travel to her breasts, were they fit snuggly under the fabric. HE tore his eyes away and then looked at her face.  She walked as lightly as an acrobat. A puff of wind swept through her hazel hair before it slipped into the woods to rustle leaves. Draco took her arm like a gentleman and he could've sworn she blushed. They both proceeded to their dining room where they both sat down together, like the husband and wife they were.

"This is good." Draco was gesturing to the food they were eating, a simple bowl of spaghetti bolognese.
Hermione nodded in reply and carried on playing with her food.

Draco's nerves ticked. He was slightly infuriated by Granger recently.  They'd been married for almost two weeks, and she hadn't spoken to him once and always avoided his gaze. And honestly, he frustrated.

"Damn it Granger, look at me."
She averted her gaze to his angry one , startled.

" I am sick and tired of you not speaking to me." He paused, as if waiting for her to say something. But it never came.

"TALK TO ME!" He screamed at her, standing up and pounding his hand on the table. He almost felt tears rolling down his face. He hadn't realised how much Hermione meant to him.

Hermione. He'd called her Hermione at the time he thought most unlikely.

Her eyes watered as she took a step back away from him. ON her way she knocked a plate on the side. It fell to the ground with an incompetent smash. They stared at it, before looking into each other's eyes, looking for an answer.

Hermione averted her gaze back to the pieces on the floor and left, giving up. Draco sank back into his chair, not caring where she went and carried on with his meal, infuriated.

Hermione had been sat on her bed for an hour now. For some reason, tears were falling down her cheek. She tried to hard to speak to him, it hurt. But she just couldn't do it.

Downstairs, Draco had finished is meal and began clearing up his plate. For an entire hour, he'd just sat there, mulling over his thoughts. The plate was still on the floor, the pieces almost refusing to be picked up.
It was like her arrogance was still here, the plate reminding him of what he did. He knew that he shouldn't have shouted at her, he knew he was wrong. But he just couldn't help it. He was sick and tired of her constant silence. He passed up the stairs, to the bedroom that should've been theirs, but for now it was just hers.
Her body was facing away from him and without even thinking he walked over and sat beside her. He stroked her visible arm, her warm skin against his cold hands. And to say it didn't affect him would be a lie. Her skin was dark compared to his abnormally pale skin.

Hermione wasn't beautiful in the classical way, no flowing golden curls or ivory skin; no piercing eyes of green. She was shorter than average and certainly larger than a catwalk model, but in her ordinariness she was stunning. Something radiated from within that rendered her irresistible to him.

But she was still beautiful.

He just wanted to take hher and do her, right there on the bed. He wanted her to moan his name as he thrust deep inside her. He wanted her to-

Hermione stirred and was now facing Draco. Before, he'd thought she was faking it, but now, as his hand fell from her arm to her cold, flat stomach he realised he had been wrong. He felt the pink tinge rise to his cheek and, before he knew it, Draco was stood up beside the bed, his hand on the lamp, ready to distinguish its light. Clearing his throat he spoke :

"I'm sorry Granger..."

But this sentence had a double meaning. Yes he was sorry for yelling at her and well making her cry, but that sorry was much more than that.

He was sorry for calling her a Mudblood, for bullying her, for everything. She'd never deserved any of that.

"I was a pompous dick back then. You never deserved any of this. I'm so sorry Hermione."

He gently placed the strand of hair that had fallen out of place back where it belonged, his palm resting on her cheek for a moment.

"Hermione..."

And with that he stood up, but didn't notice the brunette smiling at him, as if he hung the stars.

A/N

Writing this actually made me cry im not kidding . I ruined my beaufitul eyeliner that only took my like a minute I was so proud of myself. So what are your views on Marcus. I don't know whether or not I asked you this last chapter. Ah well

I think I'm gonna update this book every Monday and Thursday. Yes I know it's not Monday today but ah well

VOTE

COMMENT

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD FOLLOW ME TO BECOME A MUFFIN CHILD :)