t w e n t y - n i n e

Draco slammed open the door to the pub. Tables on tables on people turned around to gaze at the intruder.
"What can I get you." The man behind the bar was tall; he had a frightening demeanor. He had sleeves of tattoos trailing up his arms, which led to a face which looked like it had been the receiving end of plenty of brutal bar fights.

"Something strong"
The barman said no more and turned around, getting him a pint of whiskey.

"Draco?"

He snapped his head around to get a better view of who had called his name. Emerging from the darkness, came his old school friend Blaise Zabini.

"What you doing here mate?" Blaise walked around the table at which Draco sat and took the seat next to him.

"I'm just calming down." He picked up his firewhiskey and took a long swig. Oh how he missed his Hogwarts days where no one cared what he thought, did or said. He longed for the days where Granger meant nothing to him and she wasn't messing with his mind and, dare he admit it, breaking his heart.

"You and Hermione will do fine." Blaise was used to comforting his friend. He was always the one to help him calm down as he cried about his fate to kill Dumbledore. "Honestly, I worry about Theo and Weaslette morer than you and Granger."

"How so...?"

"Well, they've fallen in love." Blaise sighed dramtically.

"Whats so wrong with that?" Draco closed his eyes and thought about being in love with Hermione. The idea wasnt completely foreign, for he knew he was already in too deep. He thought about waking up by her side, their children coming for cuddles in their bed. He smiled to himself.

"Mate you okay?"

DRaco snapped out of his faze, and cursed to himself.

Shit. I'm in too deep. I'm in lo-

The logical side of his brain, however, thought differently.

You aren't in love with her. You're just infuatuated by the idea of being love.

He sighed.

Yeah, that's right. I'm not in love.

"Well anyway, Ginny and Theo fell in love the minute they saw each other."

"I still dont understand how thats bad."

"She broke Potter's heart and he broke Astoria's. Harry and her will never heal from that. By falling in love, they've broken other people."

"Yeah, but that's just a one off thing isnt it. What about you and Looney. You love her dont you?"

Blaise's eyes glossed over as he sighed. His Luna. He was infatuated by the very sight of her. At first it had been rocky, he hadnt wanted to speak to her, she got on his nerves so much. But eventually, he fell in love with every quirky, weird but of her.

"Yeah. I do." He giggled to himself, looking slightly drunk. "She's pregnant you know. Found out last week."

"How did that happen?!"

"Well we got back from a date and we were both quite drunk. Luna started undressi-"

"Okay okay I don't want to know." Draco downed the rest of his drink and slammed it back on the table.

Blaise chuckled to himself.
"What's going on with you and Hermione then?"

Draco sighed. What was going on?
"I thought she still had the hots for Weasley."

"Seriously? You thought she still liked that oaf? That's stupid even for you!?"

"Don't make me feel any worse.    What happened between them anyway?"

"Rumour has it that they kissed at the end of the battle but he broke her heart only hours later?, to be found in the arms of Lavender Brown."

"Oh..."
He hadn't known that. He didn't know anything. How could he go about claiming he lo-liked Hermione when he didn't even know anything about her? And it finally dawned on him, that if he was going to get anywhere with Hermione, he'd have to be with her.

"I have to go..." Draco slammed some money in the counter and ran out the door.

"Finally!" Blaise sighed.

AN

lol I haven't updated in a while but who cares lol banter