t h i r t y - t w o

The following week since their somewhat argument, was drowned in silence. Neither had spoken to one another- it was as thought both were waiting for someone to crack.

But of course, Draco, being as stubborn as he was, did not let anything phase him. Including that time she had nearly slipped down the stairs.

[slight flashback but idk]

It was Saturday morning. And just as Draco was about to go back upstairs with the Daily Prophet and a mug of coffee, Hermione came tumbling down the stairs. It was somewhat ungraceful as she slipped on the stair. One leg went in one direction and the other leg went somewhere else entirely. Her arms went like a windmill as she struggled to stay upright, but to no avail, she began to fall. However, instead of landing on the hard ground, she landed in the perfect arms of her husband.

"Hermione..."

Tentatively, she looked up at him, her eyes slightly squinting as if she was mentally cursing him. Upright in herself she began to pull away from his grip but he held her firmly.

"You were always so clumsy back in school." Draco mumbled into her hair. Sighing and relaxing she wasn't going to get out of this, she replied.

"Well, thanks for the confidence boost."

"You know what I meant." A chuckle erupted from his chest where Hermione's head has ended resting during their somewhat hug.

"Do I?" Pulling away and placing both hands on his chest, she looked up at him.
"Do I really know what you mean? You have more mood swings than a hormonal teenager and I'm sick of it! One minute were friends - the next you're screaming down my ear!"

Draco's mouth open in slight shock at her outburst and he struggled to form a word.
"I-"

"So no," she butted in. "I really don't know what you mean at all."

Finally she pulled away from his tight grip and stormed into the kitchen.
"Hermione wait."

"I've always been Granger to you." He was too close. Stood behind her, she could feel his coffee breathe as it ruffled through her curls.
"I'd appreciate it if you called me that instead."

"But your name is Malfoy now."
Realising her defeat and shoving her way past him, Hermione groaned and walked into the kitchen, slamming the door. But Draco wasn't giving up that easily.

He pushed open the door and watched Hermione's  back as she pottered around the kitchen. She lifted a mug out of the cupboard and put the kettle on to boil.

"Just because you know how to push my buttons doesn't mean I want you to." She called out to him in a sing song voice.

"Was that an innuendo?" 

"Prime example number one."

"Ahh but you like me too much to do anything about it."
With her hand raised slightly in the air, Hermione froze. She turned around with an unbelievable look on her face and a sickening grin that made him clench his teeth.

"Like you?" She spluttered. "Who said I liked you?"

"Well I thought-"

"You obviously thought wrong."

Draco growled. "You really are a bitch aren't you?"

"You only just noticed?"

And the kitchen door slammed for a second time that day.  

a/n:
So like I haven't updated in a while but I really couldn't give two shits because my mental health has gone down hill in the past month and I have no inspiration for this book

Anyway I am writing a new one that should be out when this is finished which will hopefully be sometime before summered bye