t w e n t y - e i g h t

"What the hell Malfoy?" Hermione threw her coat down to the floor in rage. Draco's eyes were lit up in anger.

"Oh, back to Malfoy is it now?"

"Yes with the way you're  behaving tonight." Hermione almost sighed. She picked up the coat and began walking up the stairs.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"All night the only thing you've been doing all night is trying to distract me from talking to Ron, my best friend bearing in mind, and I'm sick of it."

"He looked like more than a best friend from where I was standing." He growled and began to follow her up the stairs.

"Me and Ron were over many years ago"

"So you admit that you were together. That you loved him?"

"I really don't see the point you're trying to get at" Turning around she began to open the door.

"Just shut up."

Hermione cracked a smile and looked back at Draco. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"You're jealous. Oh Merlin, you're jealous!"

"No I'm not. Now leave me alone." He began to storm past her.

"This explains everything. Why you were so angry at Ron- you were jealous!"

"I could never be jealous of a Weasel." He shaking like a leaf, he was so angry.

"Yes you could! I'm your wife and I was speaking to another man! It makes perfect sense." Honestly, Hermione felt giddy. If he was jealous that must he liked her in some way. It didn't change what she thought of him; he was still a dickhead- but no one had ever fancied her before, it was a new concept.

"Just because you're my wife doesn't mean I want you to be" His heart was pounding in his chest, ringing  in his ears.
"I'm so sick of the way you never listen to me and I hate it. I hate Weasley. And I'm slowly starting to hate you."

"The feeling is mutual." Hermione felt a little tug at her heart when he said that.

"Why don't you just run along to your weasel and make little mudblood babies."

"Excuse me...?" She was almost stunned to silence. Draco hadn't been this cruel since their schooldays.

"I don't want my family name ruined by your dirt."
Her heart stopped in her chest. Mind going blank, she began to feel dizzy. She couldn't believe him. They'd passed this stage. They were friends. Or so she thought. And she knew it was over when he stumbled over three words.

"I hate you"

It was as though he was addicted to hurting people. Once he started he couldn't stop, and the words just kept pouring out his mouth.
He had to get out of there. He couldn't bear to see the tears threatening to fall down her face, a broken angel.

Picking up the pace, he opened the door, took one last glance and slammed the door, making the whole house shake in terror.

--

Yh like okay I have nothingn to say. I don't really like this chapter but like yeah noooooo