t w e n t y - s e v e n

Hermione looked into the mirror. Her green dress fell to the floor. It had a diamond collar and she accessorised  with diamond jewellery. She felt like a princess.  Her hair was in waves and had an up-do at the back. Walking down the stairs she waited for Draco arrive.

DRACO POV
He ruffled his hair.  He slicked it back. He ruffled it. He slicked it back. Draco just couldn't decide which way to have it. He wore black robes with a emerald green tie, which unknowing to him, happened to be the exact shade as the beautiful girl downstairs' dress. Realising he was going to be late, he picked up the pace and ran down the stairs.

Hermione smiled at him and he stopped and stared. She had the most beautiful smile. She looks like a bloody goddess.

She walked up to him and lifted her hands to his face. For a slight moment he thought she was going to slap him, but then he felt her fingers run through his hair and he slowly melted inside. The breathe hitched in his throat as she whispered into his ear.
"I like it much better like this."
But then her hands had left his head and clutched his hand, and just like that they were gone in the blink of an eye.

THIRD POV

They arrived at the scene. The ball was being held in the Ministry of Magic. All around they could see all the couples, either dancing or talking to one another. The walls were decorated in some kind of ivy, which was slowly chagning colour. Hermione let go of Draco's hand, letting t fall to his side. She walked towards the front where she could see Harry.

"Hey Hermione, how are you?" Harry looked the same as she had last seen him; same messy hair, same scar, but his eyes were sunken in and he looked paler. He looked unwell.

"I'm very well thank you. I'm so sorry Harry. I feel so guilty for having talked to you in ages! Please say we're still friends!"

"Hermione." Her head was buried in the crook of his neck, her breath tickling down his spine. "You were going through a hard time and that's fine. I am just gIad I was there to comfort you." She lifted her head out of his grasp and gave him a weak smile.
"And of course we're still friends. You can't get rid of me that's easily!"

"Thank you. Can I just ask, who did you get paired with? I wasn't there to see Ginny getting sorted; I had to leave with Malfoy straight away."

"Well you only need've stayed one more person. I got partnered with Astoria ass."

Hermione's hand travelled to her mouth in shock. Her eyes widened at the thought of Ginny not being placed with Harry. They were like soulmates, they belonged together. What had gone wrong?

"I haven't seen Ginny since that day." His eyes crossed the room to only to find her on the arms of Theodore Nott, looking happy? She turned around and looked Harry directly in the face.

"Oh god she's coming over."

"I'll leave you two to it. Where's Ron?"

"Over there on that table."

Her heart stopped.

Ron was sat alone at a table, a champagne flute in his hand. They hadn't talked since they found out about the new law. She felt empty without him. She needed him back in her life.

"Hey...Ron."
He looked up at her with sad eyes.

"Hey Mione"

"How are things?" She slowly asked. She sat down next to him.

"If by things you mean her, then not so great."