t w e n t y - o n e

it started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this?- Mr. Brightside, The Killers

--

It was like any other day.

The sun rose in the morning and the birds tweeted. The wind whipped the trees and the grass swayed in the breeze. The first orange hued rays of sunrise kissed the still dust laden rubble with the same loving care as the undertaker with the recently departed. These soft rays that should have brought warmth to a new day only acted to solidify the reality of their losses. In the dark they had only the smell of the bombs and the fires to contend with, but under the radiating glow of the clouded sky there was no hiding.

Draco slipped out of his bed wearing green checked pyjamas and proceeded down the stairs. He wasn't a cook. He couldn't cook to save his life. Although, Draco could make a mean pancake. So that's what he did.

He faced the window as the pancakes simmered in the pan. The garden was a dull green, the sort that made you want to barf. The apple tree was to be the jewel of the garden. The way it was planted, it  would be drinking in the aromas of the late summer blooms, soothed by the waterfall between the two ponds. However, after busy winter and spring, the neglected tree was in no state to be the jewel of anything. The bark had a sort of creeping mildew and the leaves were curled in an unhealthy way. It bore apples of sort, some even with a pink blush, but they all bore deep brown spots.

Draco turned his head back around to the pancakes.
"Shit..." he muttered.

"What is it?" Draco whipped his head around causing him to drop the pan on his bare foot, which hurt like hell. Also, it was boiling hot. Hermione whipped out her wand whilst Draco did a funny dance and cast a cooling charm at his foot. Draco looked up, slightly embarrassed.

"I was watching the garden and, erm, the pancakes got burnt and then I dropped it on my foot and then you came and-" He looked up at Hermione's face and gave a dashing smile. "Thanks"

"Well, I thank you for your effort." Hermione replied. "Shall we just go and buy our breakfast at that café down the road?"

Draco stopped dead in his tracks. Bonnie owned the café. Bonnie was dead. He killed Bonnie.

"Malfoy, are you alright?" Draco hadn't noticed Hermione place her hand on his upper arm, the exact place where Bonnie had that night. He jumped back and a look of hurt flickered across Hermione's face. She'd called him Malfoy. Instantly his anger was turned on. Draco thougth they were past this stage, silly names; but evidently not.

"No." Draco stood up, causing Hermione to cower away slightly. "NO. We shouldn't go down the café because they are dead. Bonnie and Marcus are dead. She tried to kill me but the spell backfired and... It's all my fault."

Draco began to tear up and sat down, with no strength to move. His shaky fingers finally came to stop after running restlessly through his messed up hair. Crying wouldn't help anyone.

"No, it doesn't matter, I'm sorry."

He tuned his head back to look outside the window. It seemed as though the day had gotten even duller, the light even darker. Hermione coughed causing Draco to turn around.

"Lets forget the past. How about we ask each other questions to get to know each other? I'll start." Hermione stated.
"What's your favourite colour?"

"Green. Not just because of Slytherin, but I love the outdoors. You?"

"i would have to say blue." She smiled at him.

"Okay..." Draco began, "Favourite subject?"

Hermione sat down and smiled sweetly at Draco and without missing a beat said, "Charms."
Draco noticed how now, both their hands were closer together, and if he inched it just a little further, he could touch hers.
"I love charms too."

"Favourite spell?" Draco asked. He wasn't really concentrating on her answer. Hermione kept moving her hand and Draco just wanted to grab it right there and then. So he did.

"What's yours?"
Hermione asked and then looked down at Draco's hand on top of hers.  Little did she know that his heart was beating fast, the blood pumping around his body and his brain going haywire.
"Avada Kedavra." Draco replied without hesitation. Hermione smile became a scowl and she slowly pulled her hand away from underneath his. He began to stammer.

"No, no, no only because I like the way it can end a life so quickly. The way for a split second they kow they're going to die. The victims world stops as they think in their last fleeting moments of everything they cherish, everyone they love. It's beautiful but tragic." She smiled at Draco as he finished, almost regretting pulling her hand away. He had such a way with words that made her feel all funny inside.

"Come on," Hermione whispered holding out her hand. "Lets go for a walk." Draco gave her a weak but dazzling smile, taking her small hand in his and walking outside.

--

 guess whos a shitty authorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?

yah me

I am like rly sorry like I said I would update like a week ago but I get caught up in all things in life like hmmmm that social life I have oh wai nah I just watch Sherlock and doctor who all day don't mind me byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I GOT THE HARRY POTTER LEGO GAME OMFG IT IS SO FUCKING GOOD.