t w e n t y

Draco took the key out of his pocket and unlocked the door. The house looked the same; all the furniture in place, everything where it was supposed to be but there was a thick layer of dust over it. Neither of them had been home for a week.
During that week, a lot happened. Hermione almost died. Draco cried. Bonnie and Marcus were dead. Hermione spoke for the first time.

Flashback (I'm sorry I just hate italics)
"It's  a-all m-my f-fa-ault."
Draco's head whipped up towards the sound of the voice.
The pale face of Hermione was staring at the ceiling, her eyes partially opened. She whispered again.
"I don't want to do it."

Draco's breath hitched in his throat as his watery eyes looked at her.
"You don't have to do it."

Hermione did nothing but blink for the next few minutes thinking over what to say.
"I just feel that it's all for nothing-" she looked down at their intertwined hands. "And that this is all a lie. You don't deserve that Malfoy."

Draco scowled and looked away. He felt torn. She he be annoyed with her for wanting to leave or be happy that she does? He had no reason to be annoyed. It's not like he loved her or anything.

"Don't tell me what I deserve. Life isn't about greed. We just have to make do with what we've got- whether it be friendship, family, love-"
Hermione turned her head towards Draco and looked into his eyes. He hadn't looked in her eyes for ages. He took this moment to savour everything about her. The dimples on her cheeks, the slight dint in her forehead, the way her chocolate eyes looked as though they were melting. He couldn't help it anymore. He wanted to kiss her. He had to kiss her.

Flashback over.

"It looks the same." Hermione sighed.  Draco nodded his head in agreement, slipping his arms out of his jacket.

"Well, I'm going to bed then. Goodnight Malfoy." She smiled making her way up the stairs. But Draco wasn't finished.

"Are we in the same room?" He was so embarrassed but he just had to ask. Might as well.

"I don't think that's very clever, do you?" She proceeded up the stairs and adding to Draco's heartache when she locked the door behind her.
--
Guess who updated?

Basically the reason I don't update that much is because my chapters are so short and I really feel like a let down for you guys when they're short. Do you guys mind when their short? Or should I make them longer?  Write in the comments.

So from now on if you guys want short chapters there will be more updates but if you want longer they will be about once a week. Frankly I kinda prefer writing short ones. Oh well.
Have a g'dun. Xx