t h i r t y

He'd been gone for three hours. Three hours and Hermione had sat by herself all evening. There was nothing to do. Nothing but twiddle her wand and practice meaningless spells. She was just lifting a wine glass, casting her favourite spell, 'wingardium leviosa' when a deafening crash echoed through the house. The door had slammed.

"Hey!"

He was calling from the kitchen. She wasn't ready. She wasn't ready to look into his eyes and admit defeat. But by the sound of it, neither was he. He sounded too happy. Draco came through the lounge door and smiled an almost sarcastic smile. He walked back  into the kitchen and beckoned for her to follow him. She did but only out of pure curiosity.
He got out two mugs. One for him and one for her. He was being nice to her.

"Why are you pretending that nothing is wrong?" She asked him. Turning to face her, Draco leaned back against the kitchen counter he shrugged.

"Nothing is wrong Hermione darling!"
Walking towards her, he encircled his arms loosely around her waist.  He was too close. She struggled to get out the words.

"What are you playing at?!" She hissed at him whilst being squished against his chest.

"Nothing. Am I not allowed to hug my wife now?" Pulling away he placed his hand under her chin, lifting her gaze to his. Her eyes locked with his grey orbs. There was sincerity in them however there was a hint of something else. Some thing she didn't trust.

"I have never been your wife. You've never treated me like your wife. Why start now?" she questioned him.

His fake smile was suddenly gone. Instead a scowl graced his face, brows furrowing together. He pushed himself away from her and turned back around the the kitchen counter.

"I'm trying as hard as I can to make this work" 
'No, you're really not,'  his mind argued. When she didn't reply he continued.

"Maybe if you weren't such a filthy mudblood maybe we would be getting somewhere." Draco hissed at her. 

"That was a low blow even for you." She whispered and began to fiddle with the hem of her shirt.
"You're such a horrible bastard- why cant you see that i'm trying to get along with you!"

"Just shut up!" A grimace crossed his face when he turned around. He was almost begging her. Begging from a mudblood.

"You don't deserve to tell me what you want from me." He pinched the bridge of his nose as if it was almost too much to even look at her. However, his head shot up the minute her hand touched his arm and he looked into her eyes. They were almost golden up close, all the different speckles of hazel coming together. They were the perfect colour.  He knew he shouldn't have but Draco felt his eyes flicker to her lips. He'd subconsciously wanted to kiss her since he had that night a month ago.

"i just want us to be happy," She was whispering again. It was almost as if she was afraid to speak.

"Well, we're not. Maybe you were thinking we were unhappy when you tried to kill yourself." He could see the turmoil in her eyes. They opened wide in fear and he turned away from her. He couldn't bear to look.

Hermione's  heart stopped. She'd almost forgotten about that. It had seemed so long ago. But the fact he had brought it up now made her angrier than she was the night she'd done it.

"Well I failed didn't I." She said sourly. "Maybe I should try again!"

It was his fault. He'd provoked her.

"Maybe you should." He retorted bitterly.

She slammed open the drawer and took out a knife. She waved dangerously near his face but he couldn't care less. He'd seen worse. 

"Would you really care if I did die right now?" She was hysterical now. Hermione thought he cared. 

"Put it down." He growled at her. He made a snatch for it, but she grabbed it in both hands and pointed it at him. Draco's hands left his side and slowly rose in surrender.

"Just look me in the eyes and tell me you would care!" She whispered.

"Accio knife." It was a stupid mistake on his behalf. The knife came soaring towards him and he only ducked in time before it smashed into the wall and fell to the ground.

He looked back her face. She was grabbing her face, shocked at what she had done. He whipped out his wand and ran towards her.

"Don't you ever dare do that again." he hissed.

and he left, with a flourish and a slam of the kitchen door.

-- 

yes lol i know another arguemnt 

and i kow this one doesnt reeally follow on from the last one but lets forget that

lol k bye