When You and I Collide

Thanks for reading! x

--------

"Please see me at 10:00 AM today." The very first message I read on my phone. My boss rarely sends me a message, it must be important and urgent. What have I done wrong, I wonder.

I message Josh. "My boss just texted me. Shitting bricks RN". I see three dots dancing. He is replying. Good.

"Wow. No good morning? Just straight to shitting it is."

"I wonder what I did wrong? I'm scared AF now"

"Why would you just assume that you did something wrong?"

"Murphy's Law"

"lol!" What is with lol? I'm sure he's not really laughing.

"I'm just scared of the unknown, I guess..."

"Guessing will do you no good. I know this will be good news. Message me later? X"

"TF is that X?"

He didn't reply. I shoved my phone back to my bag and walked towards Starbucks. Venti Chamomile Tea to go, to help me calm my nerves.

---

My watch says 9:45 AM. Deep breathes, I remind myself, as I walk towards the CTO's executive assistant. "Hi Laura!" Putting up my best smile. "I have an appointment with Richard at 10:00AM?"

Laura ushers me in Richards office. As I nervously step in my boss' room, he hit me with the news. "Our Silicon Valley office has requested that you go through their setup and test their vulnerabilities. You will be flying out tomorrow. They want this done soon and I know you will be the best person to do so."

What? This does not seem right. "But I can do that remotely. I don't even have to leave." I think I sound like I'm whining.

He looks amused. "Why of course you can. But..."  I dont like buts. "The CEO asked for a meeting with you. Mark will see you tomorrow at lunch time, I believe he wants to see you before he flies out of the country."

My eyes widen the size of saucers. "Oh!" is all that I could say. A meeting with the CEO?

"Oh don't be worried." I bet he sees that from my face right now. "I'm sure it is nothing that you should actually be worried about." He smiles. "You may get the details of the flight and accomodation with Laura, it had been arranged". Which means I do not have a choice.

I sigh deeply as I walk out of the office. Like weight have been lifted. But I'm still anxious about that CEO meeting. What does he want from me? As soon as I get back at my desk, I fished for my phone inside my bag.

"I have to leave tomorrow for SFO. I have to be there by lunch time. Lunch with the CEO!!! Wtf!" I messaged Josh.

"I smell a promotion! :) x". That X again! What the hell is that X?

"haha. Doubt it."

"Do you want me to bring you to the airport?"

"Oh no worries, I'll take a cab. I have a very early morning flight and you have work tomorrow."

"Ok. Take care then. And go home by Saturday, that's our date day"

Date day?

"I'll try. I want to visit Nana."

Nana is my Nanny who now takes care of our house in La la land. I might as well visit. It's about 2 hours of air and land travel from where I am going.