New Beginnings

70k reads! Wow!!! ❤️ I have never imagined I would get that many! For someone who wrote the first time, you have made me happy! 🚀 Thank you very much! ❤️

I now have a story ending in my mind. So maybe just a few chapters more. 🙈

Let me know what you think? 😊 Every read, vote, and comment, I am truly thankful for!!!! 😊 My heart is full ❤️❤️❤️

-------------

I'm finally home. After two months of travelling constantly, it finally has come to this. Funny that most would think that travelling is fun. Well it is, if it is all leisure! But business travels, oh... I think already developed an allergy to airports. The long lines, endless waiting, people who are always in a state of hurry!

I'm alone in our LA home. Allen decided to go straight to Australia, to fix his shit, his words. He did want me to come with him so we can have a proper vacation, but I just really wanted to have an alone time. I'm tired, physically and emotionaly. Time zones, language barriers, changing climates, different food taste... everything had been exciting and exhausting at the same time.

Harry has been my saving grace in all the changes that I experienced in the recent months. Despite the time zone differences, we managed to get in touch and do long talks, as if he is just beside me. But that's just it, "as if". Nothing really beats being physically present, and for that I truly miss him a lot.

"Lexie, darling, please eat some food. You've barely eaten since yesterday," Nana shouts from behind the door. My sleepy thoughts are interrupted.

"Later OK, promise," I reply. I would rather sleep really.

Knocks on my door and I hear it creak.

"Nana, please later, I just want to sleep for the meantime," I plead. 

"Just as I thought. I leave you for awhile and you are missing meals again?" Says a famaliar voice that made me sit up from bed.

"Josh? What are you doing here?" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"Feeding you," he says as he offers a hand and pulls me out of my bed and straight into his arms. "Alex, you need to eat, OK," he says as he gently rubs my back as he hugs me tight.

"Why thank you, I missed you, too, you know," I say as I gently push him back and smirk at him.

Josh smiles, pulls me back and hugs me again, "I missed you more," he softly says. "C'mon, let's talk more at the dining room," he says as he pulls me away.

-----

"She has not been eating properly since she arrived, you know," Nana rats me off to Josh. "I cook but she barely eats!" Nana throws the dish towel to add drama.

"Nana, I'm sorry, but I have been tired. Jet lagged perhaps," I say wih a pouty face. Trying to be cute to avoid anymore trouble.

"Here, at least eat this," Josh says as he pushes a bowl of Clam Chowder towards me. "And don't make me feed you forcibly, you know I will," he sounded like my Mom.

In between soup and crackers, Josh updated me about his life in China. He said nothing much about Hannah, except that they lost their baby and that they no longer are together.

"I'm sorry about the baby, though," I say as I reach out and hugged his arm. My head resting on his shoulder. "I hope Hannah's ok, too." I shift my head towards him and see that he is looking down on his soup, swishing it with his spoon.

"Life is such, but Hannah did not take it well," he sighs. "And this is why we went back to the States." He puts his spoon down as he shifts his back and I unlatched from his arm to stand up and get drinks.

"Here," I say as I hand him a beer. "You might need one. But no alcohol for me, my stomach's upset."

Josh looks at me intently. Like he wants to say something. "Sooooo..." oh there it is. "Allen tells me you're now officially together. You and," he coughs. "You and, uhm, Harry."

Pffft. I let out a chuckle. "Official"? I do air quotes. "Who says these things?" I dismiss it.

"Well he met your parents, didn't he? At least that is what Allen told me," he laughs.

I'm chuckling while shaking my head. I don't get that official thing. For me, it is only when you get married that makes everything official, and legal, and binding.

"Well that's the thing," I say. "We have decided to have a relationship, with a label, if I may add," I raise my eye briw at him. "But, we haven't really talked about it much. We left without discussing things. I mean, face-to-face." I frown at the thought. "I haven't seen him in two months! Two months!" I raised both arms to express resignation. The things is, my mind understands our situation. My heart does not. And I hate that.

"Psssh. I haven't seen you or talked to you longer than that, but I'm ok," Josh rebutts.

"This isn't a contest!" I pull his ear and laugh.

I'm happy that Josh is around though. I really did miss him. Whatever drama we had, now all gone.

"Here's a thought," Josh says. "Let's go out tonight and celebrate! To new beginnings and happy endings!"

Yes. New beginnings and happy endings. I like the sound of that.