Only Fools Rush In

101k reads! Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much! ❤️ for every read, comment, and vote.  ❤️

I can't also believe we're almost at the end. I'm happy and sad. 😂

—————————

I must have done something good in my life, for the universe to reward me with such a gentle and loving man. I would not say that he completes me, because I don't really subscribe to that "romantic" idea. But he does accept me, completely. Me, with all my trust issues, sporadic burst of wretchedness, and my constant need for control. Harry knows how to tame all the monsters in me, and that speaks a lot of love, for a man to be patient and be the bearer of all of these so that I may be better and love mysef more. And in return be capable of loving him and our twins more.

Harry takes my hand in his as we step down the patio. "You look sad, love." Harry pauses and turns to face me "What's wrong? Are you regretting everything?" He chuckles softly. A tinge of worry is etched on his face.

"I'm just thinking of how lucky I have been. That the universe allowed us to collide, and how that unexpected moment led to so many things. And no regrets." I smile at him and brush my finger against his hair, fixing the wisps that are blown by the sea breeze. "Not with you. Everything that happened to us, led to this moment. I'm thankful for that."

"Baby, are you sure you want to be Mrs. Styles?" He chuckles.

"Uhm, actually, no," I reply curtly. His face turns from cocky to surprised. But before he opens his mouth, I added, "I'd really rather be called Mrs. Collins-Styles, though." I laugh. His look of surprise, still there. "Because, all of my business contacts know me as Collins, sweetie." I tried to mitigate my case by being extra sweet at the end of my sentence and I kiss him on his cheek. "That's just ok, right?" I tug at his sleeve. No response. "Or would you rather be Mr. Collins?" I laugh. Just me. He does not seem to be amused at all.

"That would be awkward." He looks away.  "And, inappropriate." He says seriously. Did I just hit a nerve?

Harry shrugs and turns away from me. He shoves his hands in his pockets and he quickly walks down the stairs and further away. It took seconds before I realize he is not joking. I follow him to where he is going.

"Harry wait!" I yell out. But he just keeps going. He turns at the bend. Where is he going? The restaurant where the party is farther at the end? Oh shit Alex. You should have just kept your mouth shut. Did he feel emasculated by my comments? I thought he would be better than that, but I guess I'm wrong. Why did this have to happen today?! I feel heat on my face as my mood switches from being ecstatic to anxious.

"Wait, Harry!" I plead. Desperately. Walking on sand doesn't help my cause. As I turn the bend, I got the shock of my life. I'm speechless and breatheless at the same time.

Harry stands there. He is smiling widely. His eyes squint a little against the sun. He reaches out his hand. "You ready, Mrs. Collins-Styles?"

There it was. Chairs lined up together, and an aisle lined with flowers, leading towards a makeshift wooden altar.

Harry takes my had and puts it on his shoulder, prompting me to wrap my hands around his neck. He rests his forehead against mine. "You said yes." He whispers. "And what better time than now, right?" He smiles and bites his lower lip, waiting for me to respond.

I am shocked, to say the least. My heart is racing and I can barely breathe from a mixed feeling of joy and anxiety, with a sprinkle of giddiness.

"I'll give you a minute to calm down." Harry laughs at me. "Don't cry." He senses that I'm in the verge of. "Happy thoughts, ok?" He leans on me and whispers, "it's our road to happily ever after, baby."

I nod, in reply. Trying to hold back  tears. Harry shifts my attention to the people around us, whom I haven't really paid attention to.

I see my Dad, Mom, and Allen walk towards me. Harry gives me a peck on the cheek and squeezes my arm. "I'll leave you for a while." He says.

"Surprised?" My Mom says as she gives me the tighest hug? "You look beautiful, darling." She says as she fixes my dress, pulling the off shoulder sleeves in place.

"Harry called us and arranged all of these.  I didn't think he could pull it, though." Allen chuckles. "Good thing you said "yes". Otherwise these will all just be a grand vacation for us."

"I'm happy you're all here." I barely speak the words as I am choked with emotions.

"We would not miss this for the world." My Dad puts his hands on my sides and looks at me as if it is his first time to see me. My Dad looks happy but with sad eyes. "Harry called us and talked about his plans. He did ask for your hand. You're marrying a good man, that is all we ever wanted." He says as he kisses my head. His lips linger for a few seconds, until Mom and Allen got closer and we all hug together.

"Of course, a pre-nup had been drafted, as advised by our lawyers. Which he agreed to, anyway." My Mom breaks the drama atmosphere. Allen shakes his head and laughs as soon as I exclaim, "Mom!"

The productuon team approached us and asked that I may be excused for a moment. My hair and make-up got retouched and a long white veil was attached to my flower crown. Someone handed me flowers that had been tied together by a twine. The whole theme was simple and rustic. Something that both Harry and I would have wanted. He really has been listening to all I say.

I see very few guests. Well not really guests but family. My own, Anne, Robin, and Gemma. Jeffrey, Harry's manager and best friend is here.

Josh should have been here. My heart sinks. "Are you ready?" The lady fixing my veil interrupts my thoughts.

————-

I see Harry at the altar, standing there, fingers intertwined in front of him, nervously squishing his fingers every now and then. He takes deep breathes and exhales exaggerately. He keeps on looking upwards. Jeffrey pats his back and whispers something to him. He laughs, and glances at me. Our eyes lock in a stare and we share a smile. Like telepathic powers flowing between us, I feel an assurance from him that everything will be fine.

Xander and Zoe are lined up infront of me. Xander holds a board saying "Here comes the bride" and Zoe who is dressed a bit like me, is holding a basket with loose petals in it.

My Dad stands besides me. He is looking away though. I can see him wiping away tears. I feel like my heart is being pinched.

The veil lady waved at her team and I see Niall walk towards the front with a guitar. As soon as the signal was given, Niall strummed away and sang the opening lines, "wise men say, only fools rush in, but I can't help, falling in love with you..."

I give out a soft chuckle while i cover my mouth.  I nod in agreement with Harry's song choice. This takes me back to the time when he asked me what song represented our love.  I told him this, and made him listen to the song. Because it really seems foolish to fall in love. Anything not founded in logic or reason is crazy! But we all need "crazy" in our lives. Otherwise, we would not have lived at all!

With Harry, I learned that love is a leap of faith. A risk worth taking. So here we are now, leaving behind something and entering into a new beginning, just like how it should be done. Together.