Feels Like Christmas

17k reads!!!! Wow!

Thank you everyone 💕 Thank you for the votes and comments. 😊💕

-------------

The next few days has been a bliss. I got to know Harry better because of the time we spent with each other. It would have been easier for us to have gone out in fancy restaurants or maybe jet out in an island somewhere, but we opted to enjoy the quiet of our homes.

Nana eventually warmed up to Harry. His charm does work on her, too. Nana even took time to cook for Harry. Something she does only for people she genuinely likes.

Harry is set to fly out tomorrow. Tonight will be our last time together, till he comes back. Or when I come back.

It hurts my head figuring out how the future will hold, knowing we will be both busy. I convince myself that we just have to live in the now, because this is what's here, right now. One day at a time.

------

The sun is setting and against the backdrop is a sky that has a blend of pink and orange hues. Harry and I are enjoying the serenity while lying on the lounge chairs by the pool.

He takes my hand and our fingers interlace. He kisses the back of my hand and then places both our hands by his chest. I move a little closer to him and wrapped my arm across his chest as I rest my head on his shoulders.

I love quiet moments like this. When he is just Harry the person and not Harry of 1D.

"How long will you be travelling," he breaks our silence.

"At least two months," I replied. "Allen showed me the itinerary. I feel like we're touring or something. First stop is Geneva, last is Dubai, I think."  Anything in between is a blur for me.  I am actually overwhelmed.

"I wish I could travel with you instead," he pouts and turns to face me. "Is it too cheesy to say I will miss you so much,"

"Yes," I laugh. "But I will probably miss you more," I say as I bury my head against his chest. I'm definitely cheesier and that is cringe-worthy.

He tilts my head up so we see eye to eye. He strokes my hair and brushes my fringe. I close my eyes to treasure and record this moment in my mind.  Is it bad to wish to be with him forevermore?

I feel his lips crash against mine. Soft feathery kisses. I can feel him smile against the kisses. "Hey," he whispers.  "Open your eyes and look at me," he asks, which I obliged to. His emerald eyes never fails to mesmerize me. It's like a cove that's deep and beckoning me to dive in. "I like you, Alex," he drawls.

"And I like you, too," I reply immediately, not waiting for a pause.

Harry smiles at me. A disarming smile that shuns any guard that I have against him. He tightens his hug and in one swift move, he pulls me on top of him.

"Mr. Styles," I playfully slap his shoulder. "What do you have in mind?"

"Probably the same as what you're thinking now," he laughs.

Our flirty exchanges is interrupted by a voice. A familiar one at that.

"Harry, Harry!"  I turn around and see Niall standing near us. We both got up to our feet and I quickly grabbed a towel to cover myself up. I got mortified that he saw me in a bikini, on top of Harry.

"Hi, I'm Niall," he extends his arm for a handshake, "you must be Alex?" How does he know me?

"Yeah," I take his hand but I hugged him too. The fan in me just took over. "Nice to meet you," I'm suddenly giddy. Harry darts his eyes on me and he does not look pleased that I find Niall's appearance as a delightful surprise.

"I was calling you," he looks at Harry, "but you weren't answering so I called Paul instead and he led me here."

"Uhm, ok?" Harry still looks a bit uncomfortable. Niall goes on to tell him he was in town and thought they would just go together tomorrow. However, he did sense he was not welcome, Niall offered to go to a hotel instead.

"Oh no, please stay." I butt in. Harry looks at me, his brows furrowed in confusion. I don't want to stand in the way of their bonding. "Stay for dinner, too, please." I smile at Niall.

"Sure!" Niall beams, like a child who got a candy.

"Beers are in the cooler there," I point out at the covered patio. "I'll just be going for awhile," I walk over to Harry and whisper, "are you coming with?"

Harry grins from ear to ear. He knows what's coming. He pats  Niall's shoulder, "feel at home, mate. We'll be back after five hours."

"Whatever," Niall chuckles and waves his hand to dismiss us.

-----

About an hour of shower and some other non-hygenic things later, Harry and I go out of my room together. I asked him to join Niall while I went straight ahead to the kitchen, to tell Nana we have another guest.

I busied myself in preparing the dining table for dinner. I'm buzzing in excitement knowing that Niall is joining us. I'm grinning while I set the plates on the table.

"You look happy, Lexie," Allen says as he enters the dining area.

"Yeah, Niall is..." Words escaped me. Josh is standing beside Allen.

"Hey, what happened to your smile? It's like you've seen a ghost or something," Allen walks by and throws a napkin at me.

Yes, a ghost of the not so distant past.

Josh smiled at me, like nothing had happened. My heart lurches. How can I not forgive this boy who has been my best friend for a long long time.

"Don't I get a hug or something," Josh says as he opens his arms. For a split second I paused but what the heck, friendships are foremost. I practically run to him ang hugged him as tight as I can, like I have missed him for a thousand years.

"Sorry," is all Josh could say while he is crushing me with his arms and chest. I did like that.  Any hesitation and hurt are now gone, replaced only with joy, knowing that Josh and I are back to being friends. It feels like Christmas morning.

"What are you doing here," I ask Josh while I try to ease away from his hold, but he does not respond. He still holds me tight, his arms around my waist.

"Didn't Allen tell you?" His face scrunches.

I look at Allen who is sitting by the dinner table. "Allen, what did you not tell me?"

Allen smiles. I raise one brow. He smiles wider but straighter, like that emoticon.

"Spill!"  My mind is now racing a mile minute trying to figure out what Allen might say. Somehow I get the feeling that I will not like it one bit.