Jealous

"You should stay a bit longer," I hold on to his arm to let him know that I didn't want him to leave, yet.

"And earn the wrath of Nana?" He chuckles.

"Don't worry about her. She'll get over it. She's just concerned about my mental stability, you know? Because you keep messing me up," I smirk at him.

"Truth be told, it is you who messed me up. You probably programmed a chip in my brain or something. You know, just like that movie?" He stands up and stretches his arm to pull me up with him.

"What movie are you talking about?" My brows furrow in confusion.

"I saw this one, where he battles exes and one of the exes had a chip implanted on the girl's head," he explains pointing to the back of his head.

"Oh! Scott Pilgrim!" I exclaimed. "I love that movie. Josh and I watched that several times." My high-pitched excited voice came to a crashing end as I see Harry's lips presses together. Josh. The magic word.

"But I may be the one who would be battling your exes, you have a gazillion of them, I suppose," I elbowed him a bit, to break his change of mood.

"Do you something to eat?" He asks as he rubs his tummy. "I'm hungry." He attempts to change the topic. Clearly, I treaded too far.

"Plenty, what do you like?" He follows me towards the kitchen.

"Japanese food?" He sits by the counter.

"Good! Allen just brought some earlier," I go to the fridge and got the plastic containers where the left over food where kept. "Here," I hand him a chopstick and the containers of sushi and sashimi.

"What's your favorite here?" He asks as he chooses which to pick.

"Salmon," I point to the orange raw fish slice.

He picks it up with his chopstick and dips it in soy sauce with wasabe and prods the food to my mouth. He wipes the drop of soy by my chin with his thumb and puts it between his lips to suck it.

"You," he points at me, "taste so good," he says with a naughty smile.

"Shut up." I laugh and throw the napkin at him. Harry surely knows his way with words.

"I will be leaving by Friday. Our tour starts and we will be going to Asia. I will be away for some time," he says while he looks at his food instead of me.

"Oh, good for you! I love it there, especially in the Philippines. They have the best beaches there!"  I have been there with my family years ago and I have fallen inlove with the place.

"I thought you would say you will miss me," his says with obvious disappointment in his tone.

"Of course, I will miss you, and I hope you would miss me, too," My hand holds his. "But I will also be busy with travel. Our parents have asked us to go with them and travel for the next two months." I am excited by this actually. I haven't been with my parents for quite sometime.

"It's business and leisure," I explained. "Hoping it's more leisure though. I have the ultimate hedonistic guide with me, Allen, so I'm expecting a lot of fun!"

"Hmmm... I'm not quite sure I like the sound of that," he stands from his stool and goes to hug me from my back. I wrap my arms against his. "Please be a good girl while you're away."

I laugh at his response. "Wait, shouldn't I be the worried one?  Hey," I turn around to face him, "we both shouldn't be worried." Because we're nothing anyway, I wanted to say. "You just go and do whatever you want, ok? We're both single adults and we're free to do whatever we want," I tried to philosophize and convince myself. Calming down the jealous monster that is already creating scenarios in my head.

"I don't like the sound of that, either," he pokes my cheek.  "I don't like sharing." He swings his head from side to side like a child.

Same, Harry. I say to myself. But is that even possible? We are not in a committed relationship and even committed relationships are tested by distance, and popularity, as in his case. He is literally a magnet who attracts people effortlessly. I feel the pang of jealousy, again. A misplaced feeling, my mind reminds me.

"Let's take it one day at a time, Harry." I pull him closer for a tight hug. "Let's live in the now."

Harry nods his head in agreement. "Let's then celebrate the now, now," he says with a knowing smile. We kiss like we have sealed a deal. His lips tastes like a promise of something wonderful in the horizon.

What's meant to be will always find its way, my ever romantic Dad would always say. I'm holding on to that.