Like Floating on Air

Harry walking me back to my hotel room is nothing but a surreal experience. Heck everything that has happened since this morning is!

"It's like I'm floating on air" is the best cliche that describes how I feel right now. The way our arms accidentally brush against each other as we walk towards the lift and the brief eye contacts we share trigger a cornucopia of pleasure inside me. I'm like a deplorable hormonal teenager around this boy!

I stare at his reflection on the metal door, as we wait for my floor. He looks up at the changing numbers, biting both his pink lips. "Alex?" Harry breaks the silence. His voice sounds unsure and nervous. Him and nervous doesn't seem to fit in one sentence. He faces me, leaning against the mirror on the lift, "uhm... How long will you be staying here before you fly back to New York?" He looks back at the changing floor numbers.

I swallow hard and cough lightly to shake away the excitement that I'm feeling knowing that he is interested with my schedule. "Tomorrow is work day. Thursday till the weekend is free but I plan on flying to LA to visit my Nanny." I reply with a smile.

"In Beverly Hills?" I notice a perk on his voice.

"Yep." I see him smirk at my reply. The lift gives off the familiar ping. "This is my floor." I said as I walk out of the lift and lead him to Room 808 where I am staying. "Would you want to come in?" I bite my lower lip while waiting for his response. I do not even know why I said that. It seems awkward.

"Sure," he gamely responds. Wow, I didn't expect that. I get my keycard from my pocket and I seem to have lost dexterity as I fail twice in opening the door. "Stupid lock," I mutter. Thirds time the charm! Good thing Harry is too busy tapping on his phone to notice.

"Have a seat," I tell him as we enter the room. "I'll just change into my normal clothes." He looks away from his phone towards me and chuckles softly to acknowledge.

I come back in a bit wearing a gray t-shirt and denim shorts. With still bare feet, I grabbed a pair of socks from the closet and sit by the end of the bed to put it on.

"Now that's the Alex I remember meeting at the Airport." He smiles so wide his dimple shows up.

As I am about to respond, I hear the facetime ring tone from my laptop. I excuse myself and I see it's Josh. I sit facing Harry purposely so that Josh will not see him.

"Hey Babe!" He says waving his arms.

I look at him with a raised brow mouthing "what the fuck". He laughs out loud.

"Did you switch your phone off? Been trying to call you but it just diverts to voice mail. How was your meeting?"

"My phone broke but Meeting went well. Turned up he's friends with Mom and Dad." I frowned a bit.

"Oh!" He looks surprised. He knows how I feel about matters like this. "So what now?"

"He gave me a project. For Tech1." Tech1 is the company I own.

"Really? Tell me about it then!" He looks excited to hear about it.

"Uhm, can I call you later instead?" He pouts in response, like a petulant child. "I have to go out and replace my phone, before it gets dark." I pout back, hoping he will not ask why I am quick to dismiss him.

"I miss you." He smiles but he shifts his eyes away.

"Yeah, right! You just miss my apartment, Josh! And I have just been away for 1 day!"

"Yeah, you are right." He chuckles.

"If you want, you can stay there. But NO girls!"

"Oh damn it, you busted me." He raises a brow. "But I'll try to drop by within the week, just to check if the furniture are still there." As if! The building is rather secured. He is just using this as an excuse. He likes raiding the pantry because he is too damn lazy to go to the grocery. And he likes sleeping on my bed. He said I have nice smelling sheets.