Harry is a Twat

My laughfest with James comes to a halt as soon as Harry joins us. There is an awkward silence among us three.

"Uhm, aren't your friends looking for you?" I directed my question to Harry.

"Nope," he says popping the p and his dimples, for cute effects probably. "I told them not to wait for me if I don't come back in 5 minutes." He clearly has no plans of leaving.

Harry looks at James and smiles with his dimples still showing, "I hope you don't mind if I ruined your date. I really just need to talk to her. She has been ignoring me for weeks."  This boy has no chill.

"Oh, we are not dating," James smiled back at Harry. Wait, am I not date worthy?  "Yet," he continues and winks at me.

"Oh," Harry replies. "Uhm, since you are not in a date, yet," he emphasizes the last word. "May I ask that I talk to her privately. I don't want to sound rude, even if I know I am being one right now," he seems apologetic. "Please," he now sounds like he is begging.

James looks at Harry straight in the eye, he clearly is not intimidated by him. "Well, you have to ask her first. If she avoided you for weeks, I'm sure that clearly says she does not want to talk to you, or have anything to do with you," he firmly says.

Wow, James is saying all the right things. Brownie points for him.

"Alex," Harry takes my hand. "I need to talk to you, please," he says as he looks at me while squeezing my hand. Electricity seem to flow from him to me.

I pull my hand away and turned to face James. I stand up and asked him to come with me, a few steps away from our table. I sincerely apologized for Harry's intrusion. I asked him if he wanted for us to leave now. I thought that is the right thing to do, after he put Harry in his place.

"He must have been a major asshole," he chuckles. "But, if he is that insistent, he might be desperate to talk to you.  I don't mind punching his face, if you want me to," he smirks at me and I laughed at his suggestion.

"That would have been a sight, and a great headline for gossip papers," I say as I cover my mouth to stifle my laughter. I din't know why but I get butterflies from what James has said. "But don't worry, I got this shit handled." I said as a matter of fact. "But thanks for the offer, He really deserves a knuckle sandwhich," I laugh as I twist my fist into my other palm.

"Go give it to him, if he truly deserves it," James laughs with me. "You really are something Alex. You never fail to surprise me," he says.

I raise my brow at him and smirk. How can he say that? "This is the first time we went out, how did I surprise you?"

"I told you before, I'm like a fan," he smiles and looks at the stars above. "Uhm, I hope that doesn't sound weird," he looks back at me and smiles. "But I am not a stalker, ok?" He puts his hands in his pocket.

"Ok," I reply at him with my arms crossed. "You should know you are talking to a hacker, right?"

He lets out a loud laugh. "I know!  You are a bigger stalker than me, if you wanted to," He raises both his hands to signal defeat.

"Your Harry is waiting, please be good to him," he smirks. "I think you need to talk to him. I know you can handle that twat." We laughed at the mention of twat. Harry is a twat.

James kisses my cheeks and promises to keep in touch. I get the feelng that this is a good start for friendship, at least. "Just call me if you need backup," he says as he eyes Harry.

We said our goodbyes and I go back to Harry, who have patiently waited for me. He stares at me as I walk towards him. I can't discern what I am feelng for now, but I'm pretty sure that it is something that my brain is against with.