Love Defies Logic

Massive thanks to everyone who has gotten this far! ❤️ Your reads, votes, and comments mean a lot to me! ❤️

Can I just say that I am trully freaking out knowing that I'm nearing 100k reads! Wow!!! When I started this, I thought 100 reads would already be a lot to take! This is my first  time to write and I did this to keep me sane. 😂 to balance out all the stress I had at work. But really, T H A N K S  everyone!!! 😊😊😊

This will be one of the last chapters! 😭😭😭 bittersweet for me! 😭

——————

A small production team arrived at the villa by 8:00 am. Harry hired a five-man team, he said it was small, but really, by my standard it is anything but. There were several cameras, a stylist and a make-up artist. We might as well shoot a movie while they are here.

Harry did pull a big surprise on me with this one. He kept everything hush hush. The team, the dresses, the photoshoot.. everything! I'm amazed at how detailed Harry is.

The kids, surprisingly, enjoyed the whole prep. They got their hair fixed, a touch of makeup, and several wardrobe were tried on. They were also were natural in front of the camera. They laughed and smiled and posed on cue, without any hesitations. They remind me of how Harry is. They definitely got this from him.  But me? I am actually afraid to be photographed. I even thought I would look like a panda with my eyebags from jetlag, good thing the makeup artist did wonders! My "no make-up" look actually took about 10 different products splashed on my face! But I did look fresh with what appears to be "very little make-up" on. The irony of it all! Harry did the most in helping me calm my nerves. He made sure I felt at ease, which meant there was a lot of tickling and goofing off involved.

I didn't realize how photo and video shoots can be so tiring, till now. By 10am, the director wrapped up the shoot.  We were reviewing the raw shots and chose which ones we most liked.

"Your twins really look like you, Harry." Niall pipes in.

"Oh fuck off!" Harry scoffs. "Of course. They're mine!" They both laugh it out together.

"Haven't really thought that this day would come, mate. I'm really happy for you." Niall says smirking at Harry. He smiles in response as they both hug it out and tapped their backs a bit agressively.  Who knew boys could be mushy, too.

"Hey, I'll go and check out the boat, maybe we could go to that cove where we could go snorkling." Niall hollers as he walks towards the door. Harry gives him a thumbs up and I wave him goodbye.

"Should we change to our bathing suits?" I ask Harry.

"No, not yet." He replies. "We can take some pictures there, too. The people said it's really beautiful there. Just put your suits in a bag. And oh," Harry says while he walks towrds me. "Don't take out that flower crown you're wearing. You look cute in it." He swipes the loose fringes on my forehead. I smile at the ground while my heart flutters a hundred beats per minute. This boy never fails to make me feel giddy, even after all these years.

I head to our room and fixed a carry-on bag for our our suits, towels, clothes, sunblock, and all our swimming and snorkling stuff.  I lug the bag and it feels heavier than I expected. "Harry! Can You help me with the bag?" I shout for his help. No response. "Harry?" I try again. Still no response. I carry the bag anyway and as I come near the doorway, I can hear the twins gigglng and Harry shushing them, but they just keep on laughing.

"What are you all laughing about?" I say as I swipe the curtain away from the bedroom doorway. 

Harry was carrying a green board with the word "Mommy?" written in chalk. The twins are behind him, each carrying their own boards.

Holy! I drop the bag and cover my open mouth. My eyes widen in anticipation.

Xander, who is trying his best to stay serious, walks on Harry's side and turns his board around and it says "will you".

Oh my... this can't be happening. I can feel my heart beat against my chest. My eyes swell and alump forms in my throat and I think I'm going to cry anytime soon. Stop it Alex. Nothing has been said yet. Don't assume.

Zoe steps out of his Dad's back and goes beside Xander. Her eyes are shut while giggling hard. Harry had to nudge her to remind her of her part. She turns the  board that says "marry Daddy".

Before I can even say anything, Harry goes down on one knee and showed me a ring perched on a shell, while the twins cheer in chorus, and simultaneously saying "please Mommy!" repeatedly with their hands clasped together as if in a prayer.

Harry looks up to me and takes my shaking hand. "Ms. Alexandra Jane Collins, would you want to be called Mrs. Styles?" He smiles widey and crinckles his eyes, reminds me of how Zoe looked like earlier.

"Yes!" I cry. Tears falling down my face. Everyone in the room cheered and I hear the camera click rapidly. Harry stands and gives me a tight hug.

"I love you," he whispers to my ear. He gently cups my face and gives me a chaste kiss. This has got to be one of the happiest days of my life.

I am afterall soon going to be Mrs. Collins-Styles. Yes, hyphenated.

————-

The make-up artist approached me as soon as euphoria settled. She said she needed to retouch for the additional shoot at the cove. I didn't mind the pampering this time. I'm sure my eyes needed it after I cried my eyes out from joy.

"Daddy!" I hear Zoe call Harry, while I'm busy with make-up. "Are we going to the party now? Xander and I practiced our part!"

What party? "Harry?" I call him out. I turn around and I see Harry kneeled down talking to the twins. I can't hear a thing, they are practically whispering. "Harry!" I call out again. "What party is Zoe talking about?" I'm uneasy in my chair. Are there more surprises?

Harry walks towards me and nods at the make-up artist, who speeds up the re-touch and leaves after.

"I, uh, asked the staff here to setup brunch. For everyone. As a celebration to our engagement." Harry explains as he squezes his hands together.

I raise a brow at him. "God knows I might die at another surprise of yours." I smirk at him.

"Love, no one should die." He scoffs. "I just want you to be happy. After all that we have been through." He sighs. "We need to celebrate our love and our life together. We came close to losing each other forever." He shakes his head, probably to ward off recent unpleasant memories.

Harry takes my hand and prods me to stand. He puts my arm around his as we walk towards the door. The kids and the team have already headed out.

Harry pauses and faces me. He takes both my hands and squeezes them gently. "Love, you have been nothing but gracious. You raised our kids well and you have been very patient with me. As I am with you." We both laugh. We do know that we are both forces to reckon with. "I know we have been through so much and despite all your crazy theories on how we cannot end up happy together, here we are." Harry kisses both my hands

"You sound like you're already saying your vows." I chuckle.

"Partly, yeah." He winks at me and flashes me that bedimpled smile. Same smile that never fails to melt my heart. "The party awaits, love" Harry takes my hand and leads me out.

Who would have throught, Harry and I are finally engaged. Love does defy logic. That's now proven in the unlikely theory of Harry and Alex.