To Have and To Hold

Harry and Alex's vows.

I know you don't believe in forever, so I will not promise you that. So, I offer you these instead.

I promise that I will always look after you and our children, no matter where I may be, or life take us.

I promise to listen to you every night, when you talk about your day, no matter what time zone I may be. And for all those times that we will be breathing the same air, I promise to brew your tea and fix a cup for you while we talk about our day.

I promise to make time for all the important dates of our family. Henceforth, you and our children will come first before anything else.

I promise to hold your hand, in all the days we are together. But know that, whether together or apart, I will always love you, Alexandra Jane Collins. That, is something that I promise you with all my heart.

I know that with you by my side, we can face anything that life throws at us.

I love you, Alex. I will always love you, no matter what.

————

Harry, you are the catalyst to my very well calculated life. I never really thought that I would be capable of sustaining a love like ours. But thank God you never got tired of me pushing you away and telling you all the reasons why we are not meant to be. Thank you for being there for me, you were the quiet to all my storms. You are my safe place.

If there is one promise I can give, it is this. I promise to trust you with all my heart, praying that you will not break it. But, if we do come to that point, I promise that I will always love you. You have a place in my heart, a big place, where you will be the only owner of it.

We have been through so much together, and even came close to that "till death do is part" promise, but we are still here. Together. And I do pray that we will live through all the the days.. to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, till death do us part.

Yes, I do not believe in forever, as you said, but, i think I may have found that in you, Harry. You, you made me believe in forever.