Chapter 34: New Mission

Magma's P.O.V.

Herobrine had sent me for a mission going South. Maybe it's a good thing for I could forget my current problems and focus myself on the present task given to me.

Although, to be quite honest, I'm appalled and anxious for this is my first mission outside the HQ and who knows what kind of danger I might face-- all by myself.

"Let's see..." I grabbed a map from my small inventory and peered at it closely. I was approximately a one kilometer away from my said destination. I trekked across mountainous terrains, aquatic biomes sand after maybe earthly thirty minutes, I reached my destination and sighed inwardly.

The village bustled noisily as I reached closer, using trees to hide my presence. My mission is to make sure that no potentially dangerous humans leered around the villages adjacent to our bases and gather as many mob survivors as I can get and take them to our safe cavern.

Hugging my coat tightly, and pulling my hood halfway over my eyes, I gulped, gripping a sword halfway hidden from my inventory tightly, before dashing in an inhuman speed towards a nearby house. I briefly peered at each house, the glassy boundary separating me from the warm looking interior of each carefully built house. It seemed normal, annoying villagers running in circles dressed in pink, black, white and sometimes brown occupying the small space.

I continued doing this for eight more remaining houses and I calculated how much dangerous humans and survivors were there. The numbers were zero and four, respectively. It seemed that in this village, humans and mobs coexisted peacefully and I let out a small smile at the thought of it. I tapped my knuckles in each door of each house where said survivors occupied and gave them some weapons and directions as to how to get to our headquarters. They obliged without complaint and I proceeded over towards the next village.

Unfortunately, the next village wasn't as cordial and amicable like how I expected it to be. By what I've observed, the survivors had deep gashes on their grimy limbs and the village was at an uproar. It took me a quarter of my life to get them out and in the process, several attempts were made that almost caused me death. I grunted in annoyance, if only I had enough time before sundown, I would've killed all of them. 

More than twenty mobs were survivors-- which I totally hadn't expected. We trudged silently towards a hospital I knew that could accommodate our species and settled in for the day.

As I made sure everyone was settled, I slumped slightly at the waiting area. The lights irritated my eyes and I pulled down my hoodie to shield my vision from the lights above. I am not used to human machinery and contraptions and never will be. Human and mob doctors shuffled about, as the smell of chemicals invaded my nostrils. As I slouched, my elbow resting on the chair's armrest, a slight movement caught my eye. A patient with familiar hair, in a typical hospital gown shuffled awkwardly, clutching his body carefully. My attention was shifted to him, as my onyx eyes watched his every move. His back is facing towards me and I can't see his face clearly. Although... he really seemed familiar. How he moved, how he acted...

Wait-- is that Crypre?

If so, what is he doing here?

I was about to approach him but then a doctor appeared from the doorway of one of my fellow mob's hospital room. He was evidently, a human and I immediately stiffened. I couldn't let my guard down, after all, he is still human. He had an old physique and his hair is graying, an occurrence notably common in humans, especially when they're quite old. Thick rimmed glasses transparently coated his eyes as it traveled down to the clipboard he was holding, seemingly reviewing the information that he had written.

"What is your relation to the patient?" He asked, shifting the clipboard from one hand to another. 

"Oh, that. Well, I really have no relation, other than I found him in a village as a survivor from the latest war." I spoke no more, finding the information I gave to be more than enough.

"Ah... I see." He muttered as he wrote the said information on the clipboard, before looking up once again.

"The patient seems to be doing just fine, wait for a few more days then he can be discharged." I nodded in understanding, before I proceeded to ask. "How are the others?" I bit my lip, my hands finding its way towards the comfortable and warm cavern of my pockets.

"Ah, well some are recovering quickly, a few are fine and two patients are recovering in a slow progress, it seems. The two received fatal wounds that aren't immediately treated and they require full attention so it seems that it'll take a long time for them to recover."

"How many days or possibly weeks will it take for them? Can you estimate?" He nodded briefly, tapping his pen on his chin.

"Maybe.. two weeks." He finished, keeping his clipboard inside his white coat.

"Two weeks?! It'll take that long?!" I exclaimed, as I made no effort to conceal the underlying tone of exasperation in my voice.

He nodded. "Yes," he took a momentary pause before he continued. "but don't worry, that's just a mere estimation. Now, if you excuse me, I have important duties to attend." I nodded, before he walked away.

I massaged my temples, thinking of any alternatives. 'Two weeks, huh? We cannot take any more time!'

I sighed before standing up and decided to roam around the hospital for a bit. It was your typical hospital, really, with beige walls, clear ceilings and tiled floors. Like what I described earlier, it reeked of chemicals that I do not have much knowledge of and it had a lot of rooms. The thing that makes it different from other hospitals is that it allowed humans and mobs to be together. I clearly couldn't comprehend how it didn't tip of the balance and the thin line between humans and mobs but for whatever reason, I'm quite impressed.

But then, another slight movement caused me to be brought back to my consciousness and my eyes squinted to see that familiar patient from earlier. Judging by the looks of it, he's also a mob and he proceeded to walk to a corner. I didn't know what overcame me, but I decided to follow him. The sense of familiarity...

--------------------------------

Do people still read my story? I think you guys are losing interest... :/

Share me your thoughts. :)

~ MallowFreakByakuhime ~