Chapter 37: Good Times

Magma's P.O.V.

The shock, embarrassment, curiosity, anxiety must have been written all over my visage as I waited for her to speak. As a result, her lips curled into a familiar smirk, resembling that of Andy's.

"Since I'm gonna be your future sister-in-law, I'm gonna set you two up." She looked at me deviously.

What.

"What the fuck?" I didn't excuse my language, instead and to my great surprise, she laughed.

Loudly. It wasn't the five second one, it was the laugh that resonated through the room as if she found the situation really funny.

Which is not. I guess?

"You're funny. That's why I like you for that guy." She clapped her hands in the air.

I raised an eyebrow. "I am?"

She nodded. "Mhm. Be right back, I'm just gonna go eat. Talk to you later." Still shocked and paralyzed, I nodded helplessly, watching her dissipating figure disappear down the halls.

I mulled all over what happened for a minute. The whole scenario weirded me out, to be honest but I shrugged it off.

Okay. Let's just say I'm not sure if I am ecstatic or what that Aranea's pushing me to her brother.

Ah, fuck it. I'm just gonna take a walk.

-------

As I was listening to my earphones that kept me company in these deserted hallways, I noticed Crypre standing still at the end of it, his hands in his pockets.

I was about to turn around when his voice called out to me. "Magma."

In a painstakingly slow pace, I turned around to face him even if it is against his will. "Yes?"

"Let's talk."

The whole world stopped spinning. Every sound's volume was tuned out to a minimum, leaving me to only hear the raging heart beat pulsing through my system.

"Sure. What is it?" We faced each other, a mirror in front of us. Our expressions are exactly the same, poker faced and void of emotion.

"Even though we're not together anymore, I still want us to be friends. Would you consider?" He let out a sad chuckle and I found myself running towards him, my arms spreaded out.

I tackled him in a hug happily, caressing his hair gently. That enticing smell of gunpowder still remained, despite of the changes in him. "Of course, we never stopped being friends, did we?" I felt his smile grow wider and nodded. "Yeah... you're right."

We puled away and the lack of emotion from earlier was added with joy, elation and happiness.