Chapter 39: Expect the Unexpected

Magma's P.O.V.

We all took a seat at one of the nearby wooden benches, our mob bodies tired from heavy training. A layer of sweat littered my creeper skin and I wiped it off effortlessly with the back of my hand. All of us huffed and panted rapidly, catching our breaths as we watched the other mobs continued training.

"Shall... we... take... another...session?" Webby breathed out in between pants. I wanted to but I would never push myself. Frankly, I needed to take even just a five minute break. 

"No, that's enough for today, we've been training for three hours. As much as I wanted to go on and continue, you guys look like you're about to give in." Aranea, who seemed to be the only one that didn't break a sweat looked at us, her face void of emotion as always. Andy glared at her, causing her to smirk.

Zoro nodded. "Who wants to hit the pantry?" All of us raised our hands.

---------------------------

The pantry had a couple of mobs here and there but the space that's left is enough to accommodate us. We all prepared what we're gonna eat, especially Webby who took the initiative to cook something up. 

I rested my head against my arms that are slumped over the table, my eyes scanning the surroundings. The others are chattering freely and I seemed to be the only one not joining their conversation. Even Blaze and Crypre did laugh along with the others. Well, I can honestly manage to just watch them, a smile on my lips.

I observed Webby who's cooking something. I wanted to know what but it's not like I want to ask... or anything. The aroma of what she's stirring up wafted around and it seemed as if I'm not the only who acknowledged it. At the corner of my eyes, I saw Andy's tall figure approach me.

"Hey," He pulled the seat beside me and leveled, his slender arms crossed, atop on the wooden table. "You seem so silent today, what's up?" I shrugged. 

"Just tired," I managed a small smile. "and hungry." He chuckled in amusement and punched my shoulder. I glared at him playfully. "Webby's cooking didn't help, I can smell the delicious aroma.' I inhaled and let the aroma overtake my senses.

"Now that's the Magma we all know." He grinned and pinched my cheeks and I slapped it off, chewing the insides of my mouth.

"Whoops. Looks like the love birds have their own pa-ra-dise~" Oh for the love of Notch, Aranea smirked and looked at us with her piercing amethyst orbs teasingly. I never expected her to be like that but yeah, I guess everyone has their mischievous sides. 

Andy and I scooted away from each other, awkwardly. I could feel the heat creeping up my cheeks, man I am getting used to it by now. Zoro chuckled before their conversation continued. What the hell just happened?

"Food is here!" Webby chirped as she set the cauldron on the table. She removed her gloves or something, I don't know what it's called and beamed proudly at her work. All of us gazed in wonder, even Blaze who's expression's void but his eyes told otherwise.

We all served ourselves and dug in like excited children receiving toys from their parents. Unsurprisingly, we all finished in no time and I volunteered to wash the dishes. They nodded and went off, after I told them that I'd be catching up.

As I was washing the grease and grime from the plates and utensils, I stiffened when I heard an all too familiar voice behind me. His breath lingered on the crook of my neck and I felt my face heat up, once again. The butterflies in my stomach made it churn and I almost broke a plate, if not for Andy's swift arm to catch it.

"I'll help you," He smirked at me as I scowled at him, before muttering a thanks. He caught hold of one plate and grabbed another sponge, but I held his hand. "It's okay--" His eyes traveled down to my hand and realizing what I just did, I quickly removed my hand. "-- I can manage. Go along with the others!" It took every fiber of my being to hold myself from stuttering but I could tell he noticed the embarrassment underlying my voice. And you know what he always does at times like this.

He smirked, yep. "Nah," He ran a hand over his tousled, jet black hair. "Princesses are not meant to be treated like this, especially when there's a prince. Let the prince handle it." He laughed and I laughed along. "Alright, alright, shush that doesn't even suit you Andy!" I elbowed his chest but it seemed that I was the only one that got affected by it. "Ow!"

After we finished, we headed straight to the garden where the others are hanging out. 

Okay. This may sound weird but I never knew that dish washing could be this fun.

-----------------------------------------

Mental note to kill them later.

"We're gonna go to the garden." They said. "Go there after," They said.

But those bitches weren't even there.

I stomped my feet twice in frustration. "They planned this out didn't they?!" I crossed my arms in annoyance. If you're wondering what the situation was, it's because we headed to the garden where we thought they will be but then it was empty. Now we don't have a single fucking clue to where the fuck are they. It's not that being stuck here with Andy is such a bad idea but... urgh, this will get awkward. I just know it.

"So..." Andy trailed off awkwardly. "Wanna hang out here?" I could tell he was fidgeting deep inside, the look on his eyes gave him away.

I shrugged. "Sure, why not?" I plopped to the bench beside him, looking at the garden. Even though it's kind of nerve wracking, I did everything just not to look at him.

After a few moments of silence, I couldn't take it anymore. "Let's go find them." I stood up and decided to walk off but then I was caught off guard when he caught hold of my arm and pulled me into a tight embrace.

"Don't go," He buried his face in the crook of my neck. "Stay with me."

I blushed beet red. What's with him?

Despite my flushed expression, I hesitantly pulled back and asked, "Andy? What's with you--" I was caught off when he kissed me.

Square on the lips.

-------------------------------

WOAH.

~ MallowFreakByakuhime ~