Chapter 35: Closure

Magma's P.O.V.

I followed the said guy, and I was right-- my hunch is right. It is Crypre.

Although I was pretty ecstatic about finding out that he was alive and breathing, I remained hidden and concealed in his shadow. To be quite honest, I've been itching to talk to him but I don't know why I wouldn't approach him yet.

We passed through countless hallways that reeked of unknown chemicals that I wouldn't care to know of, and they infiltrated my nostrils in a way that made me quite dazed and uncomfortable at the same time. We occasionally stopped, with him clutching his body quite many times. My curiosity skyrocketed and these antics raised my eyebrows.

After passing through all that, we stopped walking only to find out that we're in a garden. I breathed in fresh air, and it made me sigh contentedly for it was a change from all those chemicals. He stopped abruptly, the two of us apart.

I looked around only to notice that it was only the two of us here. I scanned my surroundings to observe the garden. It was vast, with looming trees and flowers bursting with vibrant color scattered everywhere in an orderly yet elegant and refreshing manner. A few wooden benches were situated, with wooden carvings on it. Cobblestones littered our path which led to a tall fountain. The water's sound seemed refreshing to my ears but then his voice snapped me out from my stupor.

"So I've guess you've found me, huh..." His tone of voice is indescribable, the emotions in it unable to be explained. I nodded but then realized that he can't see me, for I am facing his back.

"Yeah." I uttered after a few moments of awkward silence. The atmosphere was electrifying; it almost made my heart leap out of my chest. I bit my lip in nervousness and annoyance, I felt like I'm on edge with no rational reason.

"Hmm..." He uttered back to which I didn't respond and thankfully, he answered decently. "How's the base?" His attempt at making casual conversation made me chuckle a little, considering the fact that there's an awkward and cumbersome atmosphere lingering around here.

"It's fine. They sure miss you. How are you anyway? Why are you here?" I casually sat down on the edge of the fountain, bits of water finding its way towards my hair. He followed, before he answered to my question. "You know, I could honestly ask the same about it." He let out a small smile but noticed that he didn't answer my question. "You didn't answer my questions." I voiced out my thoughts as a matter-of-factly. He snorted at me. "You never really change, do you?" I raised an eyebrow but smiled. "Well... I got injured. And I guess I'm fine. " He looked away with a faraway look in his eyes and for the first time in years, I couldn't read him. I would do anything to know what's in his mind.

"Oh." I nodded in understanding.

"Oh." He repeated. I raised my eyebrow another time, man, I've been doing this a lot, and it must've become a habit.

"Well, anyways... maybe this is the right time to open up what I need to say to you." He stated vaguely in a way that I couldn't understand. He gave off an unpredictable vibe, something that I honestly don't like. I'm used to reading others but Crypre's become a difficult one.