Chapter 36: Never The Same Way

Magma's P.O.V.

After a few days, all of the survivors have discharged from this hospital. We decided to go back to the base after ensuring that all of us were safe. Crypre tagged along but neither the two of us spoke to each other.

The journey towards the headquarters is an awkward and uncomfortable one. Each of us boarded a mine cart, with two people residing in one cart. Crypre and I are paired, and I have no choice but to endure the painstaking silence that remained in the atmosphere between us. I guess it's still the same.

"Ladies first." He escorted me and I obliged wordlessly, before he went along and the minecart sped off. We are the ones that are in the back, watching over the survivors who gleefully boarded their carts.

The journey towards home is neither long nor short. The mobs in the headquarters welcomed the survivors warmly and Herobrine congratulated me for finishing the mission with success. I beamed happily, before I went off to go meet Webby.

Surprisingly, Crypre tagged along. His pale complexion is now reverting back to its natural state and his wounds are healing. But I guess his heart hasn't. His eyes were glazed over, void of any thinkable emotion and his lips are curved in a tight and thin line.

"Stop staring at me." He spoke which caused me to turn away, embarrassed. I resisted the urge to cover my face in sheer humiliation and it almost took every fiber of my being to not.

"I'm not." I effortlessly retorted and I was at loss of words. Thankfully, Webby and the gang appeared in sight.

"O-M-G!" Webby grabbed me into a tight hug, as I hugged back with so much effort. "I... can't breathe." I sputtered out. She released me and grinned sheepishly. "Oops-- sorry!"

"Nah, it's fine." At the corner of my eyes, I saw Andy approach Crypre. I didn't mean to, but I accidentally overheard their conversation. 'Great job, Magma, great job.' I scowled at myself mentally.

"Where have you been, young man?" Andy asked in a weird, effeminate manner and I rolled my eyes in mixed amusement and annoyance. "We have been looking for you!" Andy hit Crypre's shoulder playfully but due to my peripheral vision, I saw Crypre have no reaction.

"Hey, you okay?" Andy leaned over and peered at the shorter guy but said guy didn't respond. Instead, he walked past everyone and muttered. "I'm fine."

"What's up with him?" Aranea crossed her arms and tapped her foot on the floor. 'She must' havenoticed the drastic change in Crypre's personality...' I concluded, completely enveloped in my thoughts.

Zoro, who has been listening to music this whole time took of his headphones and stared at Crypre's disappearing figure in the distance. "I second that question. What happened to him?"

Suddenly, Webby's shorter figure towered over me. I almost fell down, if I only I hadn't grasped the wall beside me. "Young lady, did something happen between the two of you?" Her ruby eyes pierced through mine in a menacing glare. I caught a glimpse of the determination in those orbs and I studied her expression for a moment. For once, I feared her. 'Spiders can get really venomous, no?'