Familiar Face

(7 years later)

Third Person's POV

Bored out of his mind, Jerome pretty much sat there with a thumb up his ass. Or at least, until she walked into the social room of Arkham with her head held high. Everyone stopped what they were doing even the ginger. She looked familiar. He recognized her, but brushed it off thinking he was simply imagining her. I mean, after all he was insane.

Little did he know he knew her better than she knew herself at the moment.

Scarlet Anne Gordon, James Gordon's niece. The Love of his life that was supposed to be dead after the car accident.

What really happened: she was taken by Indian hill for experiments. Professor Strange thought she could possess something extraordinary, but after years of torture there was no progress so she was shoved into Arkham until they could figure out what to do with her.

She doesn't remember anything except Gordon. They wiped her memory clean of pretty much anything. She was a fighting machine. Manipulative. Sly. But yet did not possess the abilities Strange was looking for.

So now... she's here. Two guards are at her sides escorting her in the room, but Jerome notices the look on her face. She's planning something.

One of them tightens his grip on her wrists and she winced, but there was a sly smirk appearing on her plump pink lips.

"Careful boys. If you wanted to play rough take me back to my cell and we could have a little fun," she suggested and then laughed when they didn't react. "Oh boo! You're no fun," she pouted.

They hesitated before releasing her of the restraints and Scarlett bent down a little before looking straight ahead of her, smirking darkly.

'Here we go' Jerome thought. This was not his Scarlett from the Circus days. She was cunning, manipulative and strong. He could tell all that just from her smirk. She's changed. Then again so did Jerome, but he couldn't help but wonder what happened to her.

(Play Boogie by Brockhampton during the fight scene- fight starts at 17 seconds)

She launched her arms back and elbowed the guards in the face, spun around and took out the guard on the left when her leg swept under him.

Scarlett knees the other guard in the face and when he launches back she wraps her legs around him and pushes him against the gate.

"I bet this is your favorite position huh you perv?" She taunts before throwing herself to the ground and launching him over her. He crashes against the table. She flips herself up and rushes to the other side and presses her back against the wall.

The guards gathered themselves and slowly stalked towards her. She puts her hands up in surrender.

"Now now, boys. Let's play nice," she warned. She looked in Jerome's direction and realization crossed his face. He wasn't imagining. It really was her.

That's his Scarlett...
—————-
Jerome's POV

(Jerome's Flashback)

"Three, two, one... ready or not here I come," Scarlett yelled out as I continued to lay low in my hiding spot.

I'm so glad to have met her. Her father brought her to the Circus last year for her birthday and I ran into her after finishing my job up. We got along right away and she promised to come back the next day... she did. And she came back everyday for the whole month we were there.

Now she's doing the same this year.

I heard her run past me and an "omff" sound followed by a bunch of sorry's. I crept out of my hiding spot only to have my blood boil.

"I'm so sorry Jeremiah, I wasn't looking. Is your maze okay?!" She asked and tears began to form in her eyes. My stupid brother quickly shook his head and ran over to her side, caressing her cheek and wiping her tears away.

"No don't worry about it, my dear Daisy! The way I see it you touching it just made it a million times better," he muttered and looked down at his feet. That idiot was blushing. I saw her first! She's mine! Why does he always have to take everything from me?!

"Oh you're so sweet, Miah. Can I at least help you put it back together?"

I've had enough.

"Scar, you were supposed to find me!" I whined a little. She looked at me and frowned.

"I'm sorry Jer! I accidentally ran over Jeremiah's maze and I felt bad so I was gonna quickly help him and then come find you"

"It's okay Scarlett, I can handle it from here. Sorry to ruin your game," my brother acted like he was sorry and ashamed. I glared at him and he quickly looked away from me. I can see right through you, bozo.

"Nonsense, Miah! May I make it up to you by helping you make more mazes tonight?" She smiled. Oh she's too sweet for her own good.

"Sure," he smiled a little and she returned it.

"I'll be right back Jer and we can continue our game!" Once she was out of sight I marched up to My brother and pushed him.

"Stop trying to steal her she's mine!" I yelled.

"You don't own her, Jerome," he sighed which made me clench my fists.

"I will once you're out of the picture," I threatened.

(End of Jerome's Flashback)

Jerome's POV

She's alive?! Scarlett, the love of my life, is alive and she doesn't even recognize me.

Well, I guess its partly good because then she doesn't recognize my brother either which means I have first grabs...

How does she not remember me?! Probably from the car crash...

How do I know Scarlett you ask? Well, growing up in the circus, every year we stopped by Gotham City and one year when I was a kid I found her staring at the elephants and from that day on my brother and I were infatuated with her, well... more like obsessed. How could you not? She's beautiful and one of a kind.

Her parents would bring her every year, but I heard sometime when she was 13 she got in a car accident. It was my understanding HER and her parents died but I assume thats not the case. After I lost her... I lost myself completely. It was just me and my bitch mother. Well.. until now.

Wait... Who am I talking to? Eh, whatever. Not like it matters.

Oh boy she's not going to like this new me... but she won't have a choice. I lost her once already I won't lose her again.

-------------------