A Year Too Long

Scarlett's POV
It's been a year since the bridge blew and I left Jeremiah. Since No Man's Land was created. I've been in hiding. My hair is long and bright red. I have green eye contacts in and I almost always wear black and leather. It's a statement piece.

Scratch that... I ALWAYS wear black and leather.

A lot has happened.. ALOT. But I'll explain that later. For right now lets catch up.

Everyone thinks I'm dead. Well, everyone except Barbara and Bruce. I go by Minx now. I stay to the shadows and it breaks my heart knowing Gordon thinks I'm dead.

But he has to. Everyone has to.

Otherwise he wouldn't be safe.
————
Butch died. Tabitha died. Both by the hand of penguin. Now I'm living with a psychopath but also my best friend Barbara. She won't rest till he's dead.

I was taking another shot of vodka when I felt someone behind me. I gripped my knife and lunged at them. It wasn't until the person was against the wall that i realized who it was.

Bruce.

"I thought I told you to only seek me out when there's an emergency," I muttered angrily, but nonetheless glad to see him. He's grown. I put my knife away and stepped back from him.

"It is. Selina, she-"

My eyes went wide. "What happened? Is she okay?!"

"Yes I'm fine mother," I turned my head to see Selina walking perfectly fine like she wasn't paralyzed just yesterday.

"Wha- how?"

"Ivy," she shrugged and I nodded. Of course. I should have guessed.

"How'd you know I was alive? You don't seem shocked"

"Really, Scarlett? I know you. You may be able to fool Jeremiah but not me"

"Speaking of Jeremiah-," Bruce started and even though I didn't show it, I was afraid.

"We need your help," Selina finishes for him. I backed away from them a little bit.

"What do you mean? I can't do anything. He thinks I'm dead"

"I'm going to kill him," Selina stated. I have to admit my heart sank a bit at her words but I hid it. He caused too much pain. Too much chaos. It has to happen.

It has to.

'Yeah, keep telling yourself that,' my conscience muttered.

"I'm in," I said before turning around. "Just... give me a minute"

I walked into the basement and unlocked the room behind the bookcase.

"Barbara... I need you to babysit. I won't be long," I said. She was too mesmerized by the creature that she just smiled and nodded. Not even looking up at me. "Keep him safe"
—————-
"So... This is the dark zone? They should call it the dull zone," Selina joked as we walked through the empty and deserted block. I scoffed.

"Alright love birds slow down. Look up ahead"

There we saw a group of lunatics over-killing this guy they just blew up, and before I knew it we were surrounded. Must be part of Jeremiah's faction.

"Selina, you know the drill," I muttered before we attacked the big guy and left Bruce to the others.

Selina straddled him and I just stood by and watched her cut up his face even after he gave the location. Which of course made me scoff when he admitted it.

He's at a hotel. Of course. Typical Jeremiah.

Look out puddin, here I come.
—————-
Word count— 533