Zorro Knock Off

Scarlett's POV

Bruce dragged me to a theater, the theater he went to with his parents on the night they died and I rolled my eyes as soon as Jeremiah popped on the screen in a Zorro costume.

"So, I know this isn't the time but how the hell did I have a child with this idiot?" I shook my head. Bad timing, I know.

"Love," was all Bruce responded with and we turned our attention back to the film.

As the "Wayne's" got up, I actually listened in on what he was saying. "Well, now onto the final stop down memory lane."

We headed out into the alley as fast as possible, still holding my hand but I couldn't care less. It was comforting.

"Stop!"

"That's far enough Bruce," Jeremiah strolled out. "And let go of my beloveds hand I won't tell you again." He threatened and Bruce hesitated before obeying.

"Jeremiah, you don't have to do this!"

"But I do. See, I came to this realization. I realized that no matter what I did to bond is some random gunman in an alley would be the one you would be tied to the most. The man who killed your parents. The man you saw when you closed your eyes," he paused and then spread his arms out and stated," I wanna be the star of the show!! So if I can't have you as a brother bonded by love, then we'll just have to be bonded by hatred." He cocked the gun.

"And you think killing two people who look like my parents will do that? It won't."

"Well then it's a good thing I already put a bullet in both of their fraudulent skulls. Oh, you're confused. You're wondering that if I already shot them then who's this lovely couple?" He stated. "Thomas. Martha. Why don't you turn around?"

I fell to my knees when I saw Lee and Jim.

"No!" I yelled out. All I could see was red.

"Yes!" Jeremiah mocked and laughed at our reaction. "Why not kill the man who you see as your second father figure and your dear friend Lee," he said towards Bruce.

"That's my uncle! He's like a father to me too, Jeremiah. I will never forgive you if you do this to me and Xander. Never!"

He looked conflicted for a second before laughing. I zoned out. I didn't even react to Ecco pulling up with a truck full of fireworks filled with chemicals. Everything was just muted.

"Never forget. This is all for you Bruce!" He went to shoot lee but I screamed and ran towards them.

"No!"

Everything happened in a flash. I stabbed Jeremiah after Selina showed up and yanked the gun from his hand. He threw me off of him and Bruce started to fight him. He needs a distraction.

I whipped out my knife and pressed it to my throat.

"Jeremiah," I spoke softly. Both boys looked at me and froze. "I can't live like this anymore"

"Scarlett, sweetheart. Think about what you're doing. About Xander," that gave Selina enough time to wake up lee and Jim.

I shrugged. "He deserves better," I started sliding the knife across my skin, looking like I actually was doing it and he yelled.

"Scarlett no!!"

Ecco pulled him away as Bruce caught me in his arms. I looked to see the tears in his eyes, and once Jeremiah was out of sight I smiled up at him.

"You needed a distraction," I shrugged and he let out a breath.

"Don't do that to me. Ever again," he warned and I nodded.

"Let's go," I grabbed his hand and we ran after Jeremiah.

He lead us to Ace Chemicals.

"Bruce, what-"

"Come on we don't have time!"

I took a deep breath and continued, to what would be the worst experience of my life.
————-
Word count- 648