Coma

Bruce's POV

Jeremiah and Scarlett are in comas. Well, Jeremiah was pronounced "brain dead" while Scar was in a coma. I promised her I'd take care of Xander no matter what, and I'd do exactly that. I retrieved him from Ed and that... that was a year ago.

Xander just turned one... Jeremiah is actually alive and Scarlett... She's still in a coma. I moved her to my new mansion so she would be more comfortable and safe from Jeremiah after he tried visiting her in the hospital, but eventually was told she was dead shortly after. That was my doing. It was safer for her that way.

Of course, he didn't believe me at first because of her fake deaths from before, but after the fake flatline was shown and her funeral... I could see he had truly lost everything including his sanity.

It was winter now, snow falling upon Gotham as Alfred set Xander to bed I stood on my balcony looking out at the night sky. Motions from below made me snap my head down to see a figure with long red hair stumbling about my prop- RED HAIR?!

I ran to my monitor and tapped on her rooms security camera... she wasn't there.

"ALFRED!"
————-
Scarlett's POV

Cold. White. Pale. Dark.

Snow?

I don't remember coming outside when I woke up... I have no idea where I am. Why was I in a hospital bed.. where the hell aa I?

"Scarlett!" Someone yelled behind me as I lost the little balance I had and fell into the white snow. Once the said person reached me they turned me around so I was on my back and I looked into the eyes of an old friend.

"Bruce," I smiled weakly.

"You're awake," he sighed in relief.

"W-what happened?"

"Well, let us explain inside Ms. Gordon. It's quite cold out here and not good for your condition," Alfred made his presence known.

They carried me inside and once I was warmed up on the couch I looked up to see them both staring at me like I came back from the dead.

Bruce hugged me all of a sudden before pulling back.

"I thought I'd lost you.. When I saw you fall into the tank of chemicals with Jeremiah-"

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Who?"
——————-
Word count: 390