Lies And Blood

Scarlett's POV

I panicked.

"Bruce and I-"

He cut me off by pulling me to him.

"My dear Scarlett, after all these years of training I'd think you'd be a better liar," I laughed bitterly at that.

"But baby, I made you believe I loved you all those years ago," I laughed at him. By now he took me in the other room and put me against the wall. He roamed his hand from my cheek down to my core and pressed his fingers against my heat. I glared coldly a him.

"Really? Cause I remember a lot of times we had together where I made you feel so good. Where you would moan my name and scream so loud as I came-"

"Enough!" I pushed him away even though I missed his touch. "I am minx. Seductress, assassin, and crime fighter along side the best vigilante in town. Scarlett is no longer here. I killed her. I am not weak. I do not love you and you are not capable of love. You would kill our son if he was still here. You have my cousin strapped above a chemical tank as we speak. So please!" I screamed at him and he flinched. " leave me alone. We are enemies. Move on. I have."

He didn't say anything he just stared at me. I rolled my eyes and stormed back to the bridge where Jim was. Jeremiah appeared behind me and they began conversing but I was focused on my partner in the shadows. He nodded to me when it was time to duck, and he threw his batwing and struck it through J's hand.

He laughed. Jim helped his daughter down while I turned to J only to feel a sharp pain in my side.

He stabbed me.

"You-" blood poured from my mouth.

"Yes, I did," he stated.

I fell back towards the chemical pots but Bruce swung over and lifted me up.

"You're okay," Bruce assured me.

No I'm not. I'm hurt. Physically, yeah. But emotionally I'm torn.

"Why?" I asked Jeremiah.

"You are no longer my Scarlett. I am no longer your Jeremiah. You could've come with me but you chose... him. You wanna be enemies? Fine. But I will always be your love and the father of our child. You can't deny that." He threatened as I fell into Bruce's arms.

"I'll always love you, J. But I can't forgive you. Goodbye my beautiful monster," I muttered before everything went black.