Case Solved

Scarlett's POV

I woke up screaming.

"Scarlett shut up!" I turned to see Gordon. I smiled.

"Wow I missed you too," I mocked.

"You remember me?" He looked surprised.

"Who told you I lost my memory?"

"Jerome stated it before he left. I remember you talked about him when you were younger. The boy from the circus... I'm sorry you found out this way-"

"I don't remember him. I don't remember anything or anyone except you for some unknown reason"

"Oh"

"I'm sorry"

"For what? You did nothing wrong"

"I'm not the same girl you knew... they did things to me. I'm practically an assassin"

"Who?"

"Indian hill"

He froze.

"Do you have any..."

"Abilities? No I'm a failed experiment. They gave up on me after all these years and threw me in with the rest of the crazies"

"I'm so sorry, Scar. I tried to find you for years but everyone just assumed you were dead"

"Whose to say I'm not," I sighed. He was going to speak but I cut him off. "Could I get some rest please? This is a lot to take in"

"Of course," he cleared his throat and left the room without another word.
————
Jerome wanted me to go back to the penthouse tonight but honestly I need to avoid him. He's getting a little obsessive and even though I feel these things I can't give into them. It's not in my nature... not anymore.

"Hey Scar, I'll be back soon okay? I have to announce your return to the GCPD and the press. Dinners on the stove"

I didn't bother to answer I just stared at the wall for what seemed like hours. Gordon had still not returned.

"I see you didn't come by the penthouse like I wanted," I turned around and saw Jerome in a cop outfit. I wanted to question it but honestly I expect this from him, even given I just met him. He's crazy.

"You suggested I did. I decided not to," I shrugged. I heard him groan before making his way in front of me.

"Stop avoiding me"

"Wow you're smarter than you look," I commented and stood up making my way to the kitchen with him behind me.

As I was pouring some milk Jerome took my glass and threw it against the wall. "Stop playing games with me! You know me admit it!" I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know you. I know of you and what you have told me. I don't remember you so get your head out of your ass and fuck of-"

He pushed me against the counter and attacked my lips. I pulled his hair and wrapped my legs around him as he lifted me into the island. What the hell am I doing?

I push him away moments later.

"Jerome, that's enough"

"You feel the same way I know you do," he urged and tried to kiss me again but I slapped him.

"I don't. I'm sorry but I don't"

I lied...

"You're going to regret this, Scarlett," Jerome warned as he gripped my arm. "You'll be mine whether you like it or not. I lost you once I'm not losing you again mark my words"

And with that he vanished.

Silence engulfed me once again until my phone beeped. It was Tabitha.

Tomorrow. There's a dress at your door. Children's benefit. Be there to claim witness.

Okay... whatever the hell that meant.
—————
UNKNOWN persons POV

After presuming she was dead, Scarlett Gordon is indeed alive. A search that went on for years and stopped because of no findings and went cold, has finally been solved.

Scarlett Gordon is alive and well. After being kidnapped by the Maniax, she has returned to the safety of Jim Gordon.

I froze.

Scarlett Gordon. My childhood love that was torn from me is indeed alive.

"Sir?" I turned my head to see my proxy standing in the doorway awaiting her next instructions.

"Scarlett Gordon is alive. I need you to keep an eye on her. Don't engage. Just make sure she's safe," she nodded and left without another word. I turned back to the screen and saw her picture on the screen.

My My has she grown into quite the woman.

I hope she remembers the box I gave her. It's the only way she can find me.
————