10 Years Later

No ones POV

Arkham Asylum hasn't changed a bit. Still as corrupt and crazy as ever. Well, now they have Edward or "The Riddler" as a main patient there who was currently bothering the guard for a newspaper but just decides to read his instead.

"Bruce and Scarlett are coming back?? After 10 years, how touching. I wonder if they're a couple now," he asks as the guard growls and sticks his stick through the bars. "Hey! Maybe if you gave me my own newspaper then I wouldn't have to-" he stuck it further and Ed huffed. "Fine! Be that way."

He takes his time to the other side of the community room and sees an inmate messing with Jeremiah... Or whats left of him.

"Hey! Do you know who this is?? This is the infamous Jeremiah Valeska. So, if you're going to mess with him," he takes the paint brush out of the inmates hand and stabs jeremiahs leg with it. "Do it right," he then turns to Jeremiah. "You'll never believe who is back. Your obsessions: Bruce and your baby mama. Only if you were here to actually do something. They might actually be a couple now. How sad for you."

-------------

"Daddy!," Gordons daughter yelled when she saw Jim and ran up and hugged him.

"Daddy?" a voice said from behind and Jim spun around to be greeted with a face he longed to see. He could barely recognize her. Long blonde hair, stronger, and dressed in all black. Her blue eyes had a certain fight in them that he's never seen before.

"Scarlett," he sighed as he stared at her before bringing her into a hug. "Meet your cousin. I'm assuming you got my pictures?"

"Of course," she bent down and hugged her cousin. "It's nice to meet you little fireball." Standing up, she was back to business. "As much as I'd love to stay and chat, I believe there is much work to do. I'll be seeing you at the event tonight?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," Jim said. She nodded in approval and began to walk out the door when she paused. "And Jim? Lose the caterpillar on your face." He chuckled.

Still the same Scarlett.

---------------

Scarlett's POV

10 years. Ten years since I left Gotham, left my child, left everything I've known. But I don't regret it. Bruce and I... We've changed. We're stronger, quicker, wiser and well... heroes.

I never thought I'd wear a mask. Nor a sidekick.

"You're not a sidekick," Bruce groaned for the thousandth time. "You're my partner." I scoffed.

"Oh please! Batman and Minx are definitely seen as equals," I said sarcastically. Many know of us leaving together and have brought it upon themselves to consider Bruce and I dating. No, it is indeed false. I could never do that to Selina and... him.

Yes, during my early training I remembered him. I remembered everything. It only made me train harder. I kept an eye on Xander, and i've seen him grow through every milestone. He got in a fight at school, and i was scared he'd turn out just like his father. Well, the negative things. He is obsessed with mazes and engineering like his father and I couldn't be more proud of him.

Word got to Bruce and I that Jeremiah woke up, but his brain was pretty much mush. Now, he spends his days drooling in a wheelchair in Arkham Asylum. It hurts to see him like that, but I've learned to forget. I can't deny my love for him, but I know better now.

"Are you ready for tonight?" I asked Bruce before motioning for him to help me zip up this dress.

"Not sure we'll make an appearance. Something's going on," he sighed. I spun around and looked up at him, scanning his face for any giveaways. None.

"What do you mean?"

"Oswald and the Riddler are out," he stated.

"I knew that Oswald was released today, but Ed is in the asylum. He can't get out. Did Oswald-"

"No." I growled that he cut me off and he quickly apologized before continuing.

"Then who?"

He looked at me nervously before taking a deep breath. "I have my suspicion"

"And that is?"

"Jeremiah."

-------------

word count: 692