Watch Your Step

Scarlett's POV

I'm so sad. I feel so alone, but I'm not. I mean I have Jeremiah, but I don't wanna get too comfortable before he ends up like Jerome.

I stepped out of the shower after standing under the burning hot water for an hour. I dried off and put on my silk black robe before standing in front of the mirror.

'Why does anyone care about me anyways? I'm a failed experiment. Might as well do them the favor.' I got really frustrated and growled before punching the mirror, watching the pieces gather in the sink. I grabbed my hair and bent over, letting out all my frustrations through my screams.

-----------

Jeremiah's POV

Ecco was cleaning up Scarlett's mess as I sat on the couch and watched her while drinking my scotch. She told me everything she did as commanded, but I could tell she was hiding something from me.

"I thank you for your honesty, Ecco. If only... that were the whole truth," I narrowed my eyes at her and she froze.

"Are you sure you want to know?"

"Your job is to obey me, not make decisions on what I do and don't want to hear. Now, out with it before I show you what happens when people defy me."

"She...," Ecco paused before sighing in regret. "When I went up there to check on her, she was about to throw herself off the balcony."

I dropped my drink and stood to my feet so fast I almost lost my vision.

"She did WHAT?!"

That's when I heard the shattering of glass upstairs. Fuck.

I ran up the stairs and slammed on the bedroom door. "Scarlett, are you okay?"

"I will be," she sand tauntingly. Oh no sweetheart, not if I can help it.

I kicked down the door to see her standing on the ledge once again.

"Scarlett," I said softly as I made my way over to her cautiously.

"I'm sorry, Jeremiah. I just... I want to be with Jim. Jerome. Everyone i've lost. It... it hurts so much, Miah," she choked up and my heart broke.

"Please don't, Scarlett. I-I need you," I said, tears streaming down my face as I made it to the balcony. She slowly turned around looking at me with a tear-stained face. "I love you, please," I begged her. It was then I saw something flash in her eyes: love.

"Then why do you hurt me so?"

"I-I'm sorry. Please let me fix it just... stay," I reached my hand out to her and she looked at it and sighed. She made the move to stepped down when she tripped and fell over the balcony.

"Scarlett!" I grabbed her hand at the last second and we met each other with fearful eyes. I pulled her back over and she cried in my arms as I pulled myself to the floor, never letting go of her again.

"I don't know what's wrong with me. I-I guess I'm just so alone," she cried.

"I know baby, I know," I reassured her. I pulled her face away from my chest and made her look at me. "But you have me."

"She smiled up at me and looked at my lips before bringing me down to kiss her.

I love this woman.