Escape

Jeremiah's POV

I woke up a year after Bruce left Gotham with my Scarlett. For a best friend, that was a dick move. I pretended to be brain dead from then on to lower suspicions but I heard everything.

My son died... Xander died at the hands of gangs who thought they could overpower Scarlett since I was no longer around. She got away but Xander... not so much. Ecco attended the funeral for me. I had her confirm he was dead. She held the body herself.

So now... I had nothing. Bruce and Scarlett were no longer in Gotham so I just had to... wait. Wait until they returned. Then, I'll reunite with Bruce and make sure my love has another child. I must continue on my legacy and make sure she'll never truly leave me. With a child, she can't do that.

Then I hear the rumors of her and Bruce being... together. Now that... That hurts. I know I shouldn't believe them. She is too good for him and she's mine. But part of me knows that it was bound to happen.

No matter. She'll be mine in the end no matter what Brucie. I'm not playing games. 10 years stuck in asylum with nothing but your thoughts can drive someone crazy.

10 years... Finally, Bruce and my darling are returning to me. Time to make my grand entrance.

And it's gonna be swell!

--------------

Scarlett's POV

Bruce told me to continue on to the Wayne building to not raise suspicions. But, that was until I got the call.

"Barbara, I see you made it home safe after the whole Ed incident. Hows the little one doing?"

"Oh, you know. She's a little tied up right now," I froze. My heart stopped.

"Ecco," I spat.

"The one and only! How you doing sweet cheeks?"

"Good, now where are they?"

"We should go out sometime just us girls. Perhaps... clubbing. Theres this really nice place called the Sirens. I'm sure you've heard of it. Come on down, and be dressed up or I may act... irrationately."

I slammed my phone against the wall and raced to the club. No way in hell she's taking away the only family I have left.

I got there in record time, and ran inside with my gun raised.

"Ecco, come out now! I''m not playing these games with you," I yelled.

"Scarlett?" I turned around and Barbara was there with her daughter. "What's going on?" I ushered them into the office and closed the door. I thought Ecco said they were tied up?

"Eccos here," I stated. Barbara turned to her daughter, telling her to stay here while music began playing in the main room. We gave each other a knowing look before rushing out to see her standing at the bar, back towards us.

"Turn around," Barbara demanded. "Now!"

"Now why would she do that?" An all to familiar voice asked from behind us and i froze. Barbara turned around only to have him knock her to the ground.

I still had my back to him. I couldn't look. Not after all this I just couldn't.

"Scarlett," he whispered in my ear and i flinched away and spun in his direction pointing a gun straight at his head.

"Ah, there's my girl! Long time no see, beautiful," he smirked. He looked awful. Still pale white, but an absolute wreck. It sickens me I can still see the beauty of him though.

"What do you want? Let them go, it's me you want. Not them," I tried to negotiate. He just laughed but then snapped to Ecco behind me.

"Do NOT try it Ecco! You will not harm her." I felt the knife pressed to my back slowly pull away.

I kept staring at him. I had so much to say to him but yet nothing at all. I growled when he placed his yellow gloved hand lightly on my cheek. I heard a scream behind me and snapped around to help Barbara who Ecco had in a tight hold.

Suddenly, a glass jar was thrown at Jeremiah and i stepped back as my little fireball of a cousin started throwing useless punches at him. I could tell he didn't want to hurt her, so he just kept lightly pushing her away like a bug.

Barbara stabbed Ecco while I was focused on that scene.

"Oh," she started in that annoying childlike voice of hers. "I think she knicked me, daddy." Daddy? Oh gross. Really Jeremiah you're into that?

"Ah, my poor Ecco, There will be no one else like you," he sighed.

"R-really?"

"No, not really," I responded instead and shot her in the neck. She smiled, blood pouring out before she collapsed to the floor dead.

I was a little happy she was gone. I never liked her. I would never admit the ounce of jealousy I had either. I turned back to see Jeremiah look at me in amazement.

I shrugged. "She annoyed me."

"Oh honey, I'm sure she did." He grabbed my cousin in his arm and pointed the gun at Barbara. "We'll be leaving now, but I have a message for Gordon... and you're going to deliver it."

Great.

-------------