Time Apart

Scarlett's POV

It's been two weeks since I found Ecco's lips on the man I loved. Every time that image popped in my head it made me sick. Literally. I've been throwing up randomly for the past two weeks, and I figured that had to be the case since it never left my mind. Speaking of which, hold that thought...

I turned to stare at myself in the mirror in my bathroom before I emptied my stomach in the toliet yet again. I've never been sick this is ridiculous. I have the best of luck.

I'm back with the sirens, ordering around with Barbara again and sorting out all this chaos, making sure our faction is developed and secure. Things have started to change, my hair being one of them. It's now short, stopping just above my shoulders and platnium blonde. Let's just say I needed a change.

I brushed my teeth before getting into my new outfit Tabitha picked out for me. I stood in the mirror and didn't recognize who was looking back at me. I didn't process my movements before I realized my hand was on my stomach.

It's not possible... it can't be. Right?

"Hey Scar, you almost ready to-" I was cut off from my thoughts and turned around to see Barbara staring at me.

"Well honey if I didn't know any better i'd think you were coming for my brand," she commented and I smiled, her cheering me up a little bit. "Anyways Love, you ready?"

"Yes but barbs," I sighed. She looked at me with concern. "I need to get something while we're out."

She raised her eyebrows and I slowly put my hand to my stomach. Her eyes went wide and she quickly engulfed me in a hug.

"Whatever happens you must know that I will be by your side. We'll get through this," she assured me as I cried into her shoulder. "I have a test for you... Whenever you're ready."

————-
Jeremiah's POV (two weeks after Scarlett left)

"Had enough?" I asked Ecco tauntingly. I've been torturing her nonstop for the past week. She needs to learn her place. I can't find my Daisy anywhere and it's her fault.

"Y-yes," she stuttered which caused me to roll my eyes.

"I don't believe you, but lucky for you I found something that will help." I walked over to the table and picked up a vile. "You remember the contents Jerome sprayed me with?"

She nodded quickly.

"Yes well I altered this one a bit for your lack of... loyalty, but it will make sure you never disobey me OR Scarlett again. So... shall we?"

After I gave Ecco the contents, I left her spread out on the floor muttering to herself of her cage. I walked into my office when my phone rang.

"Jeremiah Valeska," the most angelic voice stated when I answered my phone.

"Scarlett, my love," I breathed out in surprise and relief. She's coming back to me, I know it.

"Yeah yeah it's me don't cream your pants," I tried not to chuckle at that.

"Are you coming home?"

"No, but we do need to talk. I'm having a car bring me to the corner of 5th and Peterson. You familiar?"

"Yes"

"Excellent. 3pm. Come alone. I'll know if you don't. Just like I know you're with her right now," I could feel her smirking through the phone.

"Scarlett it's not-"

She hung up and I growled in frustration before throwing my phone against the wall.

"Ecco I'm going out," I stated but she was on the floor still passed out from when I gave her the gas. Guess she needs to work through some things first.
———-