Bubblegum Bitch

Scarlett's POV

I was sitting on the couch, sipping my drink that Barbara whipped up for me as the boys came strolling in and ruined my relaxation time. There was a chest full of weapons in the middle of the floor and Jerome pulled out a sword.

"Ohh shiny", and then Greenwood took it from him.

"Give that back"

"I saw it first. I said give it back," he said more sternly.

"Make me you little brat", the guy said to Jerome and pointed the sword at him.

"Your samari skills are excellent greenwood San, but they are nothing compared to me", and with that he grabbed a chainsaw. They started yelling and then Theo walked in with a knowing smirk on his face.

"That's enough. That's good. Boys, we are a team. We don't fight amongst ourselves," Theo warned.

"Yeah we're a team, boysss" I slightly mocked and Theo glared at me. I shrugged.

"And I'm the captain", said Greenwood. Jerome dropped the chainsaw.

"Captain of my foot"

"I've murdered and ate a dozen women. What have you done? Chop up your mommy?"

"Cannibals got a point," I muttered and Jerome glared at me before retiring his attention to him.

"Everybody has to start somewhere. See I have vision and ambition and brains. You're just a nutty old cannibal. How many people can you eat before that shtick gets old?"

"I could eat one more," he said and looked at me. I set my drink down and stood up.

"You gotta learn to stop threatening me, asshole," I warned but Theo motioned for me to sit down. I rolled my eyes but just obeyed and returned my attention to the scene before me.

"I can see we're gonna have to solve this one once and for all", said Theo. He pulled out a gun and put only one bullet in. "You all know this game right?"

"Oh I love it", Jerome said.

"Who wants to be the boss?", Theo asked and held out the gun to them.

"Ladies first", Jerome said to the cannibal. He grabbed the gun and was a bit shaky but shot it at his head and nothing happened. Darn. Then he handed it to Jerome.

"Hey Greenwood? What's the secret to good comedy?", then Jerome puts it to his head and shoots. "Timing", he said. He turned to me. "Scared for me baby? Shouldn't be", and winked and I rolled my eyes and flipped him off. He turned back to Greenwood.

"And what's courage?", he shoots at himself again. "Grace under pressure". His voice is getting deeper.
"And... Who's the boss?" Then he shoots himself the last time and nothing came out... "I'm the boss", he said in a deep scary voice. He handed it to Greenwood and laughed. Theo took the gun away from both of them and looked at Jerome. "I believe you are Jerome... I believe you are".

With that whole scene done I grabbed my throwing knife and landed one right in Greenwood's leg and smiled as he cried out in pain.

"oops," I shrugged and stalked off to my room as Theo called after me.

-------------------

It was late and I was already in bed beginning to drift off when I felt someone's presence at the foot of my bed. I gripped my knife under my pillow before striking him but stopped when I heard who it was.

"Scarlett it's me calm down!"

"Do you have a death wish or something?!" I yelled at him. He laughed and switched on the light on my nightstand.

"I couldn't sleep"

"And that's my problem how?"

He didn't say anything else but engulfed me in a hug. I could tell he was crying.

"Jerome, I-"

"Please. Please just... let me stay here"

"...okay"

He stayed there for a few seconds before pulling away. I was frozen in my spot, so confused by what was going on.

"I thought I lost you, and when I saw you I thought this was our chance but it ended up just me losing you again... in a different way"

I didn't say anything and he sighed.

"I'm going to kill whoever did this to you. I just can't believe how much you've changed because of them. I mean I'm not complaining but you used to cry when I accidentally stepped on a snail and would try and give it CPR and now you're this badass-"

"Failed science experiment with no memory of those she loved," I finished for him.

"No. We've both been through a lot. We're just a couple of misfits you know?"

Something sparked in my brain.

"You used to say that to me all the time..."

Jerome tensed. So did I. How did I know that?

Jerome muttered something but I couldn't make out what it was until his lips were on mine. I need to push away. Smack him. Fight back.

But I didn't. It felt... familiar. I haven't felt a familiar presence in... well ever since my memory was taken. It felt nice. Soothing.

I found myself kissing back and In my emotionless body that has been trained for years not to feel... I felt slight sparks.

Surprisingly, I wasn't the one to pull away.

"I'm sorry. Well actually I'm not but I know I should be," Jerome rambled. "You actually remembered something."

"Don't get used to it I mean that was the first time that's happened"

"I doubt it will be the last," silence fell upon us before Jerome spoke up. "We have a long day tomorrow, but I couldn't sleep with you on my mind. Could I maybe stay here with you?"

I just nodded. Too much in a daze to disagree. We got under the covers and I felt his arm wrap around my waist and I didn't flinch.

"Goodnight Scarlett"
————
"Why am I here again?" I asked when Jerome stepped out of the bus. I was leaning against it popping some bubbles while Jerome put on his stupid act. I rolled my eyes when he said "anyone got a light?" It was funny though not gonna lie.

"Today's the day I reveal you to Gordon. You're the distraction. Which means I won't see you for a day or two so let me just" he kisses me deeply. "Make up for the time lost."

"Lovely," I sighed in annoyance. Police sirens were heard in the distance and I saw Jerome smile.

"It's time!" He pulls me by my arm to the back of the bus. "Showtime"

"Stand your ground boys they can't shoot the bus" Jerome said when he stepped out of hiding after ducktaping my mouth and wrists for show.

"I said hold your fire!" My heart stopped. I knew that voice. Why do I know that voice??

"Oh uh before you continue with your little rescue plan, Jimbo I have a little present for you," Jerome said and pulled me out of hiding. My eyes went wide.

Jim Gordon.

"Scarlett... Is that you?! How are you-"

"As much as I love the questions and reunion and all as you can see her mouth is duck taped so she can't answer. Man and I thought you were a detective," he laughed.

"Hand her over now!"

"I wanted a please but times running short. Light em up boys!" He pushes me to the ground and everything went black.
————-