betrayal

Scarlett's POV

We reached the bottom and saw a slightly lit tunnel in front of us.

This... this is where Jeremiah "died" at the hands of Selina. Bruce bent down and picked up a pearl, probably from a necklace.

He started towards the tunnel but I stopped him.

"Bruce, I have a bad feeling about this," I said my voice slightly laced with fear.

"I'll protect you with my life, Scar," he said and sounded so sincere it caught me off guard a little and next thing I knew he was pulling me through the tunnel.

In the distance, laughter can be heard. Soon we entered Bruce's manner.

The two people from the street that we followed were sitting in the room laughing and drinking. They looked exactly like Bruce's parents.

"Who are you?" Bruce asked.

"Look who decided to join us," the woman said as the man said "hello champ."

"Master Bruce! Lady Scarlett!" We turned to see Alfred. Right then I could feel something off about him.

"Alfred, how did you-"

"Look at this state here. What have I told you about rolling around in the mud?"

"Alfred, what's going on? Who are these people?" He asked in confusion.

"What ever do you mean, Bruce? We're you're parents," he said and my stomach turned.

"Right, well let's get you spruced up," Alfred said turning our attention back to him. "After all, we have a guest."

We turned in the direction Alfred's hand pointed too and i froze.

Jeremiah sat there, an evil smirk on his face with a glass raised to us.

"Welcome home, Bruce."
——————-
"Jeremiah, you're alive," he stated. I looked at Bruce with an eyebrow raised... I told you already you nitwit!

"Well, you didn't think Selina could kill me so easily, did you? I mean I have a son to take care of," he started laughing but when he glanced down inbetween us I noticed Bruce never let go of my hand. Jeremiah growled and I slowly dropped his hand. After a few moments, he continued. "I just needed to get you off my sense so I could finalize my project."

Bruce went to attack him but Alfred held him back. Okay, so he's hypnotized. Obviously.

"Don't be rude to our guest," Alfred spoke as Miah walked around to another part of the room.

"Yes, especially when I come baring gifts," he revealed a bomb under a sheet and Alfred made a comment about it being some type of cake I'm not sure I tuned it out.

Bruce took a step toward it but Jeremiah stopped him in his tracks. "Now now, Bruce you take one step closer and I'll blow up this entire manor with all of us inside of it," he stated and Bruce put a protective hand in front of me and Jeremiah growled at that. "Don't be so silly, obviously I'd get Scarlett out first. Besides, I have a dozen more of these "Italian mirangs" sprinkled throughout the house. Darling, you're so stupid. I asked you to stay away, but yet you put yourself in danger. I thought you were smarter than that!"

I growled at him and stepped forward but Bruce stopped me and spoke up.

"What did you do to Alfred? And who are these people?"

"I'm glad you asked," he said taking a sip from his drink as the clones of his parents stood up. He went on to explain how he got them and ended with, "today is a very important day, Bruce. Just look at the way their dressed."

"It's the night my parents were killed," Bruce spoke softly and I gasped.

"And I'm giving you the chance to experience it all over again"

"Why?"

"Isn't it obvious? Bruce, this was the most important day of your life and I didn't get to be apart of it. We'll need to rectify that. Alfred, time for dinner chop chop. We're on a very tight schedule."
—————-
We all sat at the dinner table, and Jeremiah forced me to sit in a seat on the other side of Bruce. They began talking but I zoned out slightly, focusing on pushing his hand away from my inner thigh.

"I'm playing your game, now let Alfred and these people go. Let Scarlett go. Now," Bruce demanded.

"You seem to be a little too attached to my love. Should I be concerned? You are my best friend after all Isn't there a sort of bro code or-"

"Shut up, Jeremiah!" I yelled and he snapped his head towards me and I gulped. He back handed me and I fell to the floor, touching where he had hit me.

"Scarlett!" Bruce yelled and stood up only to be stopped by Jeremiah.

"I just wanna be connected to you," he grabbed Bruce harshly. "I offered for you to be my best friend!" He yelled. "But I realized if we can't be friends, then we can be connected in other ways."

"How?"

"You'll see. In time. I'm sorry to cut tonight short, but your parents and I have a very important date with destiny," he stated as they walked out of the room, Jeremiah dragging me with him.

"Jeremiah," bruce called in a threatening tone.

"You might want to find your faithful butler and leave," he clicked the activation of the bombs. "Quickly."

He dragged me out, but I've had enough. I pulled away from him.

"Scarlett, don't play with me right now. We have less than a minute to-"

I punched him in the face. He laughed and spit out blood.

"Okay, you had your fun now can we go-"

I punched him again and kicked him to the ground.

"Bite me," I snarled and turned away from him going to find Bruce.

"Scarlett! Get back here I can't lose you too! Scarlett!!" He yelled but I was running away and made it to Bruce just getting in the tunnel.

"Bruce!" I yelled as the bombs went off and tackled him to the ground in the tunnels as fire ripped through the tunnel behind us.

We were breathing heavily and looked into each other's eyes. His eyes were filled with love or something before turning angry and he pushed me off of him.

"Are you insane!? You could've gotten yourself killed!" He yelled and I just smirked before laughing. "What? What's so funny?"

"Nothing," I laughed a little more. "It's just funny that I chose you over Jeremiah and I'm getting yelled at for doing so. I don't mind. It shows you care for me being in the hands of your enemy because you knew I'd be safe."

His face softened.

"Scarlett I-" he stopped and I realized how close our faces were. He glanced down at my lips and I could feel him leaning in before we heard a groan from beside us.

Alfred.

Bruce went to tend to him and I released a breath I was holding.

What the heck was that?
————-
Word count- 1134