Dancing

Scarlett's POV

The following day, Selina and I made our way to where Jeremiah was located, much to Bruce's liking. We crawled up some boxes and decided to stake out the place when someone walked in and I froze.

The white pale skin. The laughter that makes me shiver from fear and disturbing delight.

Jeremiah.

"You're pushing my men way too hard," one guy says walking up to him. "We'll never meet the deadline on time and-" Jeremiah cut his throat and watched as he fell to the ground.

"Not with that attitude we're not," he said and licked the blood off the blade and deep down that was a turn on for me, but I pushed that sick feeling aside.

I turned to Selina as he started talking to everyone.

"I'm going to go at a different angle and distract him. You get ready for after Ecco leaves, because she's coming towards him now," I whispered and went to leave but she gripped my arm.

"That's practically suicide," She said and I smiled at her and leaned in, whispering in her ear.

"Take care of my bundle of joy," I said and her eyes went wide with realization but I left before she could say anything.

I snuck to the other side of the room, where Jeremiah was only feet from me, and hid in the darkness as I watched him talk to himself.

Wow. He's gone quite mad hasn't he. Well... madder.

Suddenly, Ecco appeared and he cleared his throat, acting like he wasn't just scheming with himself.

"Are these all the recruits?" He asked her.

"Oh. Well, I thought you'd want quality over quantity. Not everybody can pass the .38 caliber test of faith," she stated with that sweet bitchy crazy voice of hers.

He shot his arm out and grabbed her by the neck, and I hate to admit it but I smirked.

"Yes..," he pulled her close. Okay smirk is gone. "You certainly set a very high bar for devotion." He stated referring to her neck gunshot wound as he turned her neck to look at it.

It made me sick that they began to dance around the room. Why? I don't know.

"Oh, almost forgot! Bruce Wayne and his sidekick curls? They tried to infiltrate our little operation here. Oh! And curls can walk. Really well. Especially... for a paraplegic. Oh! And she wants to kill you... a lot. FYI." Of course she didn't mention me, she knows if she did her chance with him would be gone.

Jeremiah dipped her down. "If I see her I'll give you a shout," and he groaned in annoyance and began to pull away when she added "oh and kill her." Then he came back to her and smirked but pulled her up suddenly and frowned.

"There's something you're not telling me, dear. Spill," he demanded. She put on her best clueless face the hoe could muster.

"I don't know what you're talking abou-" he wrapped his hand around her neck again.

"If I find out you're hiding something from me don't think I won't kill you. Understood?" She nodded and he let go.

With that, Jeremiah spun her out and she walked away with everyone else in the room leaving Jeremiah alone. Or so he thought...
———-
Word count— 529