Music Festival Disaster

Scarlett's POV

In the end, Gordon convinced all three of us to go and assured us of our safety with a plan he conducted... That I knew would fail. As soon as we stepped out of the car, Jerome stopped playing the music and glared at us.

"Well, look who decided to show up. We were starting to get nervous, especially the mayor here. My guests of honor, please! Take your seats on stage!" Bruce began walking towards the stage first and I was going to follow behind when Jeremiah grabbed my hand. "Come on. Don't be shy!"

I gave him a reassuring smile before beginning to walk towards the stage once again, and this time he didn't stop me but held onto my hand.

"Hi brother," Jerome said into the mic and Jeremiah gave him an annoyed smirk before he continued walking. Suddenly, shots rang out in the streets of Gotham and Jeremiah pulled me to him.

Again... I know Jerome. It was going to fail. No offense to my uncle and all.

"I had my guys take out the best vantage points last night, so they've been watching your little swat team all day. Now! Bruce, brother and my dear Scarlett.. Get up on stage!" Jeremiah now took the lead and put me protectively behind him. We slowly walked up the steps and I stared right at Jerome. Showing I'm not scared and that I WILL kill him if given the chance.

His stupid minions put us in the chairs, I sat between Bruce and Jeremiah as they put the bombs around our necks.

"Cute, but this is too last season. Do you have it in a different color perhaps?" I smirked.

"No parent will admit it, but every parents got their favorites. Right, brother? The one who cleans their room, does their homework, doesn't try to kill everybody. Little Mister perfect here... Yeah. He was that guy with the top schools and colleges. Meanwhile, I got dragged by the circus by my depressed alcoholic mother. But I know something that mommy and daddy... They never knew," he leaned in close to Jeremiah. "You're just as crazy as I am. It's in your DNA."

"Jerome, enough" I tried but he flicked open his knife and put it to my neck below the bomb.

"I didn't ask you to speak! You want to be first, whore!" I was unfazed. Say whatever you want bitch, doesn't make it true.

"Jealousy doesn't look good on you," I smirked as Bruce tried to stick up for me.

"Don't touch her!" Bruce yelled. I turned to Jeremiah to see him trying to bottle up his anger.

"Don't. Call. Her. That," he muttered. Jerome smirked and stalked over to his brother, leaving me alone for the time being.

"Scarlett has a thing for Valeskas, and I can see why. See, we got the same blood running through us. We are practically identical. You are a killer! It's your nature. Stop trying to fight it," Jerome said and cut his restraints. He handed him a knife. "Take your best shot."

Jeremiah kept shaking his head and tried to fight it and this made Jerome laugh. "Here, let me give you some motivation," he said before lunging at me and kissing me. He moaned into the kiss knowing his brother would hear and pulled away with a large smirk.

"Boo, you whore," I spat. "Go to hell." Jeremiah yelled in anger and lunged at him with the knife, but Jerome just threw a punch to knock him to the ground. He started to kick him in the gut and I pulled on my restraints before setting them ablaze. Once I was free I pulled Jerome off of him.

Suddenly, shots rang out and Jerome tackled me to the ground to shield me from any coming our way, but right as my body hit the ground I felt an unbelievable amount of pain on my shoulder. I looked down and my eyes went wide at the amount of blood that seeped through my shirt. Jerome must have noticed too because he helped me up and practically dragged me off stage as I heard Jeremiah calling after me.