Challenge The Master, Ecco

Scarlett's POV
Soon it got dark and we were a block away from the hotel as Selina kept climbing cars and stuff. The two were having a conversation so I strolled ahead, meaning I got to that beautiful sight before them.

I wanted to punch him in the face.

There was a damn shrine of him. Candles with his damn face on it.

I started laughing uncontrollably.

"Scar, what's wrong?! Are you-" she saw it and growled. She smashed a candle. "When I see him I'm going to rip his throat out." I punched his picture and watched as the glass scattered to my feet. Whoops.

"Come on," I whispered and we followed these other young kids into this church.

I immediately regretted it.

"Welcome pilgrims. To the church of Jeremiah Valeska," this woman with a red white and black striped robe announced. She had a mask on so we couldn't tell who she was but I had a feeling I knew.

"Who the hell is that?" Bruce asked

"Ecco," I growled. I bet they got together after I "died." Probably didn't wait too long after my death either. Dick.
Scarlett you can't really throw names like that I mean you were the one who left him remember?
Shut up conscience. Since when are you supposed to be the sensible one? Oh wait... Nevermind.

"Now, I know you've come from far and wide to meet the man himself, but first he requires a show of faith! Don't be shy. Jeremiah awaits. Who is ready?" Several stood. "Lovely! Jeremiah will be sooo happy. But remember he only wants the most faithful followers and you all have a chance to prove yourselves. Right up those stairs," some exited as the rest scattered out.

I grabbed Selina's arm and dragged her out into the opening.

"Wait! We want to meet Jeremiah"

"You two don't look like Jeremiah worshipers," Ecco commented with the tilt of her head. What a drama queen.

"Well, we didn't get the dress code alert, but I think you'll find we can be very-," I stepped close to her and lightly tapped her mask "persuaded by his work."

"And I have seen his work first hand. And I will never forget it," Selina added with a tone as if she worshipped him.

"Same here. When he killed that Scarlett girl by ruthlessly blowing her up... I knew right then I must learn his ways," I sighed in fake content.

"I like you," she said and I knew she was smirking behind the mask. "Then right this way," she pointed to the stairs and we headed off, leaving poor Bruce behind.

Sorry Bruce.
————-
We headed into the empty pool where there were bloodstains everywhere and I almost blew my cover and laughed when I saw the stained class window of him.

Ecco has her mask off and a new outfit on and I can tell Jeremiah had something to do with this. He always loved those colors, and I guess desperate sluts who follow every order.

Fuck off jealousy bug I don't have time for you.

"Now... for the main attraction," she revealed a table full of guns and explained we get one gun and bullet.

Oh I love this game!

She then proceeded to have us get in a circle and have someone shoot me?! Yeah, I don't trust their luck hoe.

"Yeah, listen doll face. That's not how I play this game. No offense dude," I turned to the guy pointing a gun at me. "But no"

"Are you saying you're not worthy enough?" She challenged and I smirked.

"Oh in the contrary," I stated and pointed the gun to my own head. "I," I pulled the trigger. Nothing happened. "Am" pulled the trigger. "Completely" pulled the trigger. "Worthy" pulled the trigger. She may not recognize me just yet, but it'll do good to remember that I used to date Jerome. Good thing he didn't copyright this move. Sorry, J.

Nothing happened. That means this one was the bullet. I smirked and handed it over to her.

"The question is, are you?" I asked and she smirked back at me.

"I like you. We'll say you've passed... for now. Let's witness and see who else is worthy"

"One... two... three!"

Shots rang out.
———-