Ignite Me I Dare You

Scarlett's POV

I stared at the stars and remembered the good old days. The circus. It was a lively time when you were oblivious to two ginger twins pinning after you.

Two... Jeremiah.

Ah, yes Jeremiah Valeska my first love. Don't get me wrong, I loved both of the Valeska Brothers but for some reason Miah and I connected more.

But he left.

He left me without so much as an explanation. Well, actually I pushed him in the pond before he could but hey who can blame me? I was angry.

I've always wanted to ask him 'why' since that night, but I never got the chance. I had to protect Jerome until my... accident.

The box.

I sprung from my seat but froze when I felt something watching me. I scanned my surroundings before shrugging and going inside.

"Hey bruce, you said Gordon had all my boxes moved here, right?" I asked at dinner.

"Yes Miss Gordon we recieved those a week after transferring you here. They should be in the storage closet in the guest room where you reside," Alfred answered for him. I nodded.

"Thank you. Now, if you'll excuse me I need to locate something among those things"

"Anything I can help with, Scar?" Bruce asked.

"No, but thank you."

An hour later, I let out a frustrated groan before throwing the last of the boxes to the side. It's hopeless I won't be able to find it. My phone ringing brought me out of my state.

"Hey Selina, what's up?"

"Where are you right now?!!" she asked in worry.

"Uh Bruce's why?"

I scanned the closet one more time and my heart dropped when my eyes landed on a brown cardboard box on the top corner shelf of the closet covered in dust. I accidently zoned out to what Selina was saying.

"Uh huh yeah come over," I said in a daze, grabbing the box from the shelf and staring at it.

"Scarlett are you even listening to me?! He's back and he said he's coming for you. I'm coming over have Bruce lockdown the place"

"Yeah, yeah I'm sure Bruce will put the tea on. I'll see you soon."

"Scar-" I hung up the phone and sat down on the floor. Taking a deep breathe I removed the top to find pictures and trinkets cluttering the box, but I knew what I was looking for.

My breathe hitched slightly as I picked up the photo of Jeremiah and I kissing in the tree and quickly set it aside before moving on.

Found it.

My dearest Daisy,

I sure do hope you keep this box close to you. For even though I've upset you, I hope our love to stay true. I never told you my reason for leaving, but I'm sure when we meet again one day that it will be revealed. If you're holding this, then you want to find me. I'm flattered, my darling but the timing must be right.

On your 13th birthday, go to Gotham library. Find the 1st edition of the book we first bonded over. There, you shall find a Daisy in the page of the book I want you to read. The rest should be clear.

I'm sorry, my love. I never wanted to leave you just know that.

- Jeremiah Valeska

I wiped my tears away quickly and hid the box when I heard a crash downstairs.I rose to my feet and roamed down the hallway and ascended the stairs before I froze at the sight before me.

"J-Jerome," I stuttered. I hated myself for sounding so weak but i believe I have an excuse: there is a dead guy standing in Bruce's living room with a gun to Bruces head.

Without thinking, I ran to him and hugged him.

"You're alive," i muttered in disbelief.

"I'm here, dollface"

Then, sadly reality set in and I tore away from him. He looked... different. His face was covered in staples with scars placed about. "What, don't like the makeover, Scarlett?" he mocked. I stepped away from him more.

"What are you doing? How are you alive?"

"All will be explained soon, but for now I have business to attend to. Boys, grab her, but keep it above the waist or I'll eat you for dinner." Two men grabbed my arms and I struggled to pull away.

I was angry, confused. I was heated.

The guy on my left screamed as I looked down and saw his arm covered with flame, and soon it happened to my right.

"Ah, so she's improved. Not a failed science experiment after all huh?"

I growled. "Let. Them. Go"

"No can do, babygirl. But you look tired. Maybe it's time you get some shuteye," before I could react one of his goons hit me over the head and all I saw was black.

------------