Back Like I Never Left

Scarlett's POV

I'm back as a damsel in distress in my personal hell.

I woke up in a king size bed covered in everything black. I felt a slight pain in my abdomen as I remembered everything that happened.

I was shot.

Now I'm stuck with Jeremiah in his prison... again!

"You're awake," I turned to see Jeremiah in the doorway with a glass of water. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Not surprised to be your prisoner again"

"You're not my prisoner. I just treated your wound. You need to heal, then you can leave," he answered quietly not even looking at me.

I didn't respond. A few moments went by before he spoke up.

"You said I'm not capable of caring. That this is my fault. You may never realize that you are the only person I care about. For fucks sake, I love you with everything that's left of me Scarlett. I couldn't live without you and I almost didn't when I heard-" he stopped when he realized he was sharing too much and cleared his throat. "Ecco will bring you food in a bit" he said before leaving the room quite abruptly.

What have I done?
——-
"Jeremiah?" I asked in a whimper as I entered his office. He looked up from his work and was immediately at my side when he saw tears in my eyes.

"Scarlett what happened? What's wrong? Listen if it's because you think you're a prisoner here you're not and I'm sorry-"

I cut him off and smash my lips against his. He immediately kissed back and pulled me too him, being careful that I'm still healing.

"I love you" I blurted out. I realized I never said it back. I didn't want to say it back because I didn't want to admit my feelings for him.

He pulled back and looked at me. Examining me for the truth. He found it and before I could even take another breath he kissed me roughly and passionately. He gently picked me up and sat me on his desk.

"You have no idea how much I love you, Scarlett" he said in between kisses he made on my neck. I moaned but then remembered my wound as his hands slipped underneath my shirt.

"Jer, I can't the wounds aren't closed yet," I sighed in disappointment, but when I looked at him he was anything but. He had a mischievous smile on his face.

"Oh I'm quite aware, darling," he said before slowly bending down to his knees. My breath hitched in my throat. "I need to heal you. Make you all better," I've never heard him use such a seductive voice before, and I almost let go of everything right there and now.

He pulled down my shorts and threw them somewhere in the office.

"Let me take care of you, Scarlett"
————-