Chapter Two

My friends and I begin to get ready after breakfast.

We go into my room, because it is the largest and has the most light, to get dressed and ready. We all put on our navy blue blazers, white blouses, navy blue bottoms. We go into the bathroom and begin applying our makeup, while Fergus waits. Ms. Gregory, is really, really, old. She wants us to look like what she did every day in 1940-something, and it's kind of boring.

Next, Fergus has to do his hair. He has weird bob-length hair, so he has to do something with it. He styles it in a man-bun style up-do, and November faints because she thinks its hot. They're kind of in love.

Once we finish, we go into the showroom, where we each have a little cubicle and we sit and talk to potential parents. Suddenly, the Oprah Winfrey comes in. She says she wants about five or six young adults, and we all look to each other from different places in the room, and say at once, "I volunteer as tribute!" (omg! lol so nerdy!)

She tells us to pack our things while she talks to Ms. Gregory. We pack our things, which only takes about 20 minutes because we don't own much. Suddenly, I find my mother's beautiful ring, which was a violet and blue diamond on a silver band. I slip it into the palm of my hand, hoping no one will notice.

We walk out the door, ready to begin a new chapter of our lives.