Chapter Five

Once I woke up from my horrible nightmare,  I walked over to November's room to wake her up, still in the habit of waking them up to clean, from all our years at the orphanage. Mom rang a bell from down the hall, and called us all to breakfast, which was warm oatmeal, fruit, and some sausages and potatoes. Once we were done eating, Mom had something to say. 

"Ok guys. You are going to have an introductory segment on my show, telling the world about yourselves and how you were adopted, et cetera. But right now, I'm gonna take you guys out to buy your clothes for the event."

Mom piled us into the car, and we drove off to a mall about an hour outside of town, so it wouldn't get too crowded and she wouldn't get recognized as much. After shopping around for an hour or so,  we each decided on a nice suit and dress, but all in the same color, a deep, dark, plum. Once we got our clothes sorted out, we went appliance shopping for our rooms. I bought myself a laptop, a new phone, a mini fridge, and a small, excellent quality television. Everyone bought pretty much the same thing. Mom also let us each adopt a pet, so I decided on a Norwegian dwarf goat, November got herself a blob fish, Allison bought herself an Egyptian Mau cat, Saffron bought a nice snake, Lucifera adopted a lovely parrot, and Fergus got his insane chihuahua. 

When we got back home, Stedman gave us each a couple thousand dollars to spend on a trip to anywhere in the country. We had a discussion, and decided on New York City. For an hour and a half, we watched a movie, Fun Puppy Playhouse For Kids!, and ate pizza. Then, we packed up, and headed for Mom's private jet. 

Fergus and November sat together, again because they're kind of in love, and he even gave up his pillow for her. Ms. Gregory was the one that placed the bet on when they would get together. She won the bet about a year ago. After about an hour of talking on the plane, we all started to drift off. 

When we landed, Taylor Swift's song "Welcome to New York," was playing (omg lol so nerdy!!), and we were driven to our hotel, the New York Terrier Ballroom and Hotel for People and Dogs Alike, or the NY-TBH-PDA. Once we were settled in, a woman with short, blonde, hair came up and started talking to Fergus. Then it clicked. It was Taylor Swift, and she was flirting with Fergus. 

It all happened so fast, and suddenly, November was crying. She was scared that she was going to lose her man to a celebrity. It looked like Fergus and Taylor had made an agreement, so then he started to walk over. 

He pulled out a ring and said, "Marry me, November, you never have to be alone, I love you and that's all I really know." 

"Yes! Yes! I will!" November said, with Fergus slipping the ring on her finger. 

Before Taylor left though, she said something. 

"Buy my hit single, Love Story, on iTunes."