Chapter Three

We walked into our new bedrooms, and we all had our own. There was one extra room, though, for a woman named Mildred, who had already been living there, as she was Oprah's, or Mom now, first adopted child.

When we first met her, she seemed shocked to see us. She looked like she was trying to figure out where we had come from, where she had seen us before. I certainly had no idea. 

She looked to be about forty, with orangish red hair, and grey eyes. She seemed to keep to herself most of the time, never really around, and always coming back at late hours. We chose to ignore that part. 

Once we were settled in, we decided walk around the estate. Outside, it was really warm, and there were not many things to do, until we discovered the massive pool behind a row of apple trees. We all decided to go for a swim, and we just relaxed and settled in until the sun went down and 'Mom' called us in for dinner. For our first night, she sat us down, and introduced us to our new 'father,' Stedman, who had been her boyfriend for roughly 30 years. 

"Hello kids, I am very excited to have you live with us and help us pass on our family name. You have met your other older 'sibling,' Mildred, I presume, and she was friendly, I hope. She's out, um,  working right now, so you can catch up some more later. You also have another 'sibling,' May. She goes to a boarding school, and she is quite near your age. You should get along well." He kept going on and on about her, so it seemed that she was the favorite. 

After about five minutes of that, the food was brought out. There were platters of potatoes, fish, bread, soups, salads, meats, and so much more. By the end of it all, we were all so full, that when we went up to our bedrooms, we were all so tired, full, and content that we all fell asleep.