Friends?

Tegan's P.O.V
August 2012

~~~

Friendship (frend·shuhp):
1. a close association between two people marked by feelings of care, respect, admiration, concern, or even love.

Mrs. Marjorie Willis told me this morning guests are coming to visit me.

I brush through my hair one more time in the mirror before going downstairs. I take one step at a time. I have been making up constructive answers for the questions to come all morning. Maybe I would meet my new mum and dad!

I sit on the front porch, waiting for the guests to arrive. Eventually, a vehicle accompanying five gentlemen arrives. I avoid any awkward eye contact with them. They look too young to be friends with Mrs. Marjorie Willis. They knock on the door.

"Oh, Tegan is right there." Mrs. Marjorie Willis's fills the air.

I turn my head behind me, all five young men facing me. I turn my head up, looking at their faces. My mouth falls agape, speechless. I guess I shouldn't assume guests would mean a new family.

"Gentlemen this is Tegan, Tegan these men are here to visit you."

"What for? Is that even legally allowed?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Don't be silly, Tegan!" Mrs. Marjorie Willis laughs. "Their boss referenced them to me. Everything is safe."

She gives me a wink, then steps back inside our house.

"Well," I begin, clearing my throat.

Why is it so quiet? Out of five people, you think at least one of them would speak.

"Hi, Tegan! My name's Liam." One of them finally introduces themselves.

"Nice to meet you," I smile, sticking my hand out.

He accepts my handshake and they exchange glances.

"I can show you the backyard." I suggest.

~~~

I swing from the makeshift swing tied to the tree. Who I learned is Louis pushes me. Making conversation with them is easier than I expected. They're quite humorous and give off positive energy. It was easy to feel comfortable alone with them.

I learned their names and that they lived in apartments called Princess Park. They showed me a song they made on their phone and I recognized it from the radio.

"Oh, I know this song! Molly loves this song!" I recall.

"Who's Molly?" Harry asks.

"She lives here, too."

I almost suggest that they meet her, but I get afraid that they'll like her better than me. I don't know why I suddenly felt so attached to them. Maybe it's having the undivided attention of five people that gives me a sort of thrill. I decide to tell them nothing else about Molly.

"Sick song though, I don't watch much telly or listen to music." I explain. "I like to ride my bike with my friend Oliver."

"Yeah? How do you know Oliver?" Niall asks.

"Oliver and I moved here at the same time. He just got relocated to a new family."

Louis stops pushing me on the swing. He walks in front of me, joining his lads.

"Tegan, we'd like to help you." Liam states.

"Help me what?"