:(

Tegan's P.O.V
October 2012

~~~

I drop to my hands and knees beside Oliver's body laying sideways on the cement. The headlights of the truck only inches away from us, shining straight into my eyes.

"Oliver?" I call, grabbing his shoulder.

Above me, I hear the truck door open and Liam speak. In every direction, there is noice, familiar and unfamiliar voices, doors opening, closing.

I reach for Oliver's glasses laying in the street. One of the lenses popped out. They're broken. I wrap my fingers around them, holding them to my chest.

"You'll be alright, Oliver." I promise softly.

Fingers wrap around my arm, pulling slightly. My eyes begin to swell and I attempt to pull out of the grip around my arm.

"I'm here for you, I promise." A tear streams down my check.

Hands cup my shoulders, bringing me to my feet. Slowly and hesitantly, I begin standing up. My eyes don't leave Oliver and I hold my hands to my chest. An arm wraps around my shoulders, guiding me out of the street.

"No, no, no," I mumble, shaking my head.

I sniffle while stepping through the grass, leaning into whoever is next to me. I can't look at anyways faces. I don't want to see anything. The sound of sirens get closer as we walk further away.

"Please, don't leave me, Oliver." I sniffle.

Behind me, I hear the word dead spoken into the air.

At the porch, frantically I jiggle the doorknob, breathing heavily, tears streaming down my checks. Before I give up, falling to my knees, the door opens for me.

"It's okay Tegan. It will be okay." Zayn's voice whisphers.

His arm tightens around my shoulders. He walks me downstairs. He leads me to a bedroom, directing me towards the bed.

"I want to be alone." I whispher.

Zayn's physical contact leaves and I hear the door click.

Inhaling sharply, I feel my chest incaving. My stomach tightens as my shoulders shake slightly. My legs dangle from the bed, my hands still pressing his damaged glasses to my chest.

~~~

Slowly, I stand from the bed, facing the horizontal mirror hanging from the wall. Strands of hair escapes from my braid, my cheeks feel stiff. I glance at the clock on the nightstand, two in the morning.

Behind Zayn's alarm clock, I notice a picture of him with his family. His mum, dad, three sisters all close together in one photograph.

Family.

I glance around his wall, a picture of him and the rest of the boys, grinning, arms around each other.

Friendship.

Oliver was my two in one. Being both my family and my truest, closest friend.