London Bound

Tegan's P.O.V
October 2012

~~~

Before making any impulsive decisions, I decided I needed to have a conversation with Mrs. Marjorie Willis.

"Mrs. Marjorie?" I knock on her door.

"Come in, Tegan!"

I push open her door. She is laying on her bed, her feet crossed, looking at her tablet.

"Alright?" She asks, setting her tablet down.

"Yes," I sit down at the end of her bed. "Did Liam and the lads speak to you about fostering me?"

"Of course they did, Tegan!" She assures me. "Mr. Willis is taking a job in Glasgow-"

"Glasgow? That's incredible!"

"It is, however it is six and a half hours from here." She informs me.

My lips form an 'o' shape and I bite my lip back.

"I know that your relationship with Oliver is very important to you and I didn't want to ask you to sacrifice that by moving. I realize that my guardianship is not permanent with you, so you technically wouldn't have to sacrifice anything you didn't want to." She explains slowly.

"It would be hard to leave Oliver." I admit, nodding.

"I have connections with the lads' boss and he referred them to me. I wasn't confident that they'd make the most suitable foster parents. The lovely thing about the foster system is that there is diversity among the kids. Therefore diversity among the caregivers is an important characteristic. Carers need to come from a variety of backgrounds and have different life experiences, skills and qualities to help meet the needs of young people."

I listen carefully, patiently letting her explain her everything.

"Tegan, I have been with the system for ten years and you are the most unique child I have ever had the pleasure of caring for. If there was anyone I would refer to those young men, it would be you. However, I was cautious and wanted you to be able to develop a relationship with them before there was any pressure. Honestly, how do you like them?"

"Oh, they're lovely, Mrs. Marjorie!" I beam. "They make my stomach ache from laughter and have taught me the joy of untraditional things and friendship. They taught me to step out of my comfort zone. Before meeting them, my only friend was Oliver. I was petrified of developing friendships. They allowed me to get over that fear."

"Incredible! When you arrived to my home, you were so closed off, a rather hard egg to crack and I was hoping that eventually I would see you let down that shell. Even if it wasn't me who made you let down that shell, I am grateful I got to witness it!"

"It's been refreshing." I admit, quitely.

"Anyways, we aren't moving until January, so there is not rush in your decision. You always have my number. If you have any trouble or feel unhappy, you give me a ring. I will take care of everything."

"Thank you Mrs. Marjorie."

~~~

At recess, I tell Oliver everything. We are sitting in the grass, chatting.

"Glasgow? That's wonderful!" Oliver says, surprised.

"Exactly! I could never imagine moving almost seven hours from you Oliver." I admit.

"Awe, Swallows, don't go soft on me." He punches my shoulder, playfully.

"Belt up! We belong together." I throw a handful of grass at him.

"I know," he throws his arms around my shoulders, pulling me closer. "What're you gonna do? Are you keen of them?"

"They're hysterical and caring. I'm fond of my time with them so far. It feels strange though. I always expected to find my Mrs. Fisher." I admit.

"Mrs. Fisher is an example, not the requirement!" Oliver points out. "Besides, Henry, Jack, Edward, Ben and Lewis seem like brilliant lads."

"Ollie!" I throw my head back, laughing. "Have you listened to a bit of what I've said?"

"Course I have! Don't make such a fuss!" He teases.

"You taught me how!" I smirk.

"I've got a bit of my own exciting news."

"Yeah?"

"I'm being promoted from foster child to adopted child!"

"What- Ollie, mate!" I sling my arms around his neck.

He laughs into my shoulder, wrapping his arms under my armpits. I squeeze him tightly, closing my eyes.

"Oliver James Fisher." He whispers.

~~~

AN:

STORY TIME

A couple days ago I was telling my boyfriend about the Tattoo Roulette One Direction video, and right after I got done explaining, his twin brother goes, "are you talking about Tattoo Roulette?"

I answered, "yes," I was just thinking that James had played that game with many other celebs.

This boy goes, "with who?" and I replied, "One Direction."

AND HE DEAD ASS GOES, "I've watched that video three times. I'm hooked on One Direction right now."

I was like "YES. YES. SAME!" I was so happy, there's not even words. So I was explaining to my boyfriend how Niall was nervous that he would have to get the tattoo, and his brother just goes, "Niall is the only one without tattoos." LIKE HE JUST KNEW.

Then in science Perfect came on and he was just high key jamming out. It wasn't even low key. I told him, I was like, "I have One Direction infection." He goes, "me too. I don't know what's wrong with me."

:D:D

~Tylenol (get is like Tyson, but Tylenol.)

January 2016