Take Me Home

Tegan's P.O.V
April 2013

~~~

I walked downstairs towards the kitchen in the penthouse. Unexpectedly, Niall, Adelaide, Eleanor and Louis are chatting in the living room.

"Eleanor?" I question, surprised. "When did you get here? Are you coming to the show tomorrow?"

My eyes raise, excitingly.

"No, I'm sorry love, but I can't." Eleanor pouts her lip out.

I glance over at Niall and Adelaide sitting next to each other on the sofa. I can't support my opinion, but for some reason, I don't like it.

"It's okay," I give Eleanor a reassuring smile.

I walk pass them, going to find a snack from the cupboards.

~~~

Running upstairs, I look down at my feet touching the carpet. I bump into something, almost falling backwards, but a hand clasps my shoulder.

"I was looking for you, I need to talk to you." I look up to see Niall looking at me.

I nod and we finish the stairs, going into my room. We sit across from each other on my bed.

I inhale a sharp breath, expecting him to confess something between him and Adelaide.

"I know this will be a bit uncomfortable, but I have to tell you something about Romeo." Niall begins.

I furrow my eyebrows, waiting for him to continue.

Niall had been dropping me off at Romeo's home every week and staying the entire time to chat with his mum, Cammie.

"His mum is experiencing a condition. It's caused her to be terminated from her job for the last three months. The doctors aren't quite sure of what she's caught. She's concerned about spreading her condition to her four children. Also, as her health has deteriorated, Romeo has had to take on a load of extra responsibilities. What I'm getting at, is for the safety of her children and her state of energy, there might be some adjustments around here."

For some reason, although I don't have the slightest morsel of concern for Romeo, I feel bad. I feel sympathetic. The emotion is tiny, but present.

"Things are still up for discussion and in consideration. Adelaide has typically cared for more than one child. I wanted to keep you in the loop." Niall adds.

I nod, truly speechless.

His expression is a bit sad and I notice a different sort of stress in his eyes. When he arrived to Paris, he looked tired from tour obviously, but now he seems emotionally tired.

I lean over and wrap my arms around his shoulders, giving him a tight squeeze.

~~~

I sing along to "Summertime Sadness" in the car while Adelaide and I drive to there arena the lads' concert is at tonight. I'm wearing my black Take Me Home tour shirt with a white long sleeved shirt under it and loose jeans.

I notice Adelaide's curled hair and perfectly applied makeup. I sense she is dressing up for Niall. My leppy.

"Welcome ladies!" Paul greets us from a side entrance of the arena.

"Thank you, Paul!" I smile, giving him a high-five.

He gave us the instructions to backstage. Immediately, when I enter backstage, I am engulfed in a massive hug.

"I've got a surprise!" Louis smiles, mischievously, grabbing my hand and dragging me to his makeup room.

In a stylist chair, I notice some sitting down with a hood up.

"What is it, Lou?" I laugh, barely keeping up behind him.

Quickly, the chair spins around.

"Tegan!"

I connect Eleanor's voice to her face. She's sitting with her arms wide open and a grin on her face.

"Eleanor! You told me you weren't coming!"

"Surprise!" She shrugs innocently.

I scowl, giving her hug.

When the concert starts, Adelaide, Eleanor and I stand in the front corner, cheering them on.

Harry begins the first verse to "Teenage Dirtbag" and the crowd erupts in screams.

On the stage behind them, comic looking versions of their faces appear and disappear quickly. Joshua, their drummer, goes crazy in the background.

This is one of my favourite performances of their's. I scream the lyrics, jumping up and down next to Eleanor.

I admire the ability they have to make thousands of people in one room incredibly happy and all focused on the same thing.

After the concert, my adrenaline vanishes. I remember that they are leaving. Also, I remember my bottled up feelings for them.

Suddenly, my time with them ends once again. The worst part is, I can't tell if I'm relived or upset.

~~~

"Good job, Z." I punch his shoulder, playfully.

"Thanks, TJ," He ruffles my hair.

I help him gather his belongings that he's loading back in the tour bus.

After about an hour of packing things up from the arena, all of use walk to their tour bus. I followed them inside, helping them place everything away.

"Tegan," Liam begins, placing his hand on my shoulder. "We,"

My eyes widen slightly, looking at his face.

"We really care about you." He finishes, scratching the back of his neck. "Give me a hug."

He hugs me tightly, patting my back.

~~~

double update in celebratory of 200 votes!

thank you guys so much for reading, commenting, and of course voting!

you guys rock!

~Tysonator

3.17.16