What does love look like?

Tegan's P.O.V
October 2012

~~~

Today, Oliver stayed after school to play chess with some other blokes. I rode my bicycle over, so Mrs. Fisher could teach me to play the piano. It was a rather rough lesson, but nonetheless enjoyable.

Mrs. Fisher and I are sitting in her wee scrapbook room. She is scrapbooking pictures from her and her husband's anniversary. They had traveled to Disneyland in Paris.

I look around the room, the walls painted tinkerbell green, white shelves hanging, filled tightly with scrapbooks. There are two desks, one with a sewing machine while the other is covered in her scrapbooking materials.

I walk over to the desk she is working at. Her hair is pulled into a low ponytail and glasses cover her face. Mrs. Fisher always manages to look simply beautiful, no matter what she's wearing or how she chooses to wear her hair.

Her tongue stuck out of her mouth as she concentrated on glueing a picture of her and Mr. Fisher holding hands down on decorated scrapbook paper.

"You look so happy with him" I compliment.

"Thank you, I am over the moon with him." I see her cheeks crease with a smile.

I haven't spent much time with Mr. Fisher, he is a rather hard worker.

"How did you know he was the right one? Getting married sounds so petrifying." I admit.

She chuckles, pressing the picture down and turning her head up towards me.

"How did I know? Being with William felt like everything I had ever lost came back to me in one person. He was the easiest person to get along with, yet the hardest person to ever grow angry at. When I was angry though, he was the easiest person to share those feelings with. I always felt heard and valid with him." She began.

I listen carefully.

"That reminds me of Oliver!" I think out loud.

Mrs. Fisher throws her head back laughing and I look out the window, embarrassed.

"I mean, Oliver is obviously my best friend, but like you said, the easiest person to get on with, yet the hardest to grow bitter towards." I explain.

"You know, Tegan, William was my best friend too." She winks, picking out another photograph. "I noticed the difference between relationships that succeed and those that fail is how people react when they get a view of what was once far away, but is now very, very close up and still choosing to stay. Even if close up is a bit cracked or bent where you never knew before. Everything is easy when the view is amazing and almost all things appear perfect from afar. It's after you notice someone isn't as perfect as you once assumed, but the love doesn't change. The love should remain. It's not about finding perfection or easy. It's about genuine love, happiness and compromising."

"You know a lot about relationships." I tell her, impressed.

"You learn a lot from a breakup. No relationship is ever a waste of time." She informs me sternly, pointing her index finger out, emphasizing her claim.

"What if I never find someone who likes the close up version of me?" I whisper.

"I read this quote once and it said, 'you can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches.' Everyone knows, haters are going to spread hate. It's important to remember opinions are just opinions, not definitions." Mrs. Fisher stated, resting her chin in the palm of her hand.

~~~

Today, a directioner told me Zayn's grandma died then said, "I didn't really care."

Like okay????

I was like, "I have One Direction infection. I don't know what's wrong with me.."

she was just like straight savage after this.

"you know they're on break."

"I.know. Im never going to meet them."

"you'll get used to it."

well, thanks.

~Tysonnatior

4.12.16