Two Voices

Tegan's P.O.V
September 2013

~~~

"Dear me,

Over video chat, Romeo and I sung for Simon. Like Romeo had predicted, he asked us to sing a song together. He really liked the idea. He didn't offer us a deal or anything, but he advised that we work together.

I've been doing my online work. Romeo and I have all the same assignments, so we've kinda started using each other to make it easier. Besides, eighth grade isn't a massive deal.

It's kinda barmy to realize I'm already in year three of secondary school. I've never imagined life after school. I'm not certain if I'll go on to university or what I'll do for a career.

Nathan texts often, telling me he misses Romeo and I at school. He's suspicious of us both being gone. I explain my reasoning, but I pretend to be clueless about Romeo's.

Nathan thinks we ran off to Barcelona and got married, then swam in a fountain as our honeymoon.

Anyways, I can't write too much. The lads are packing up to fly back to the US for some award shows :(

-TJS"

~~~

Downstairs, on the main level, I prepare to say my farewells to the lads.

From downstairs, Romeo walks into the living room.

"I think we've got to get a name." He announces.

"What about your surnames?" Zayn suggests

"Swallows and Fitzroy?" I question.

"Fitzroy and Swallow." Romeo corrects me.

"I like me and you better," I argue.

"You only like that because it sounds like you're the superhero and I'm the sidekick." Romeo points out.

"Doesn't the superhero have to be a boy?" Niall teases.

"Niall, you can't just ask if superheroes are boys! That's sexist!" Louis lectures

I chuckle along with everyone else at the ridiculous interaction.

"I've got an idea." Harry chimes in.

"I'm all ears." I cup my hand over my ear.

"Two Voices," Harry pauses, dramatically.

"That's a good one, Harry." Louis pats his shoulder.

"I like it," Romeo shrugs, tilting his head slightly.

"Simple, yet effective." Niall nods.

"You know, if you two go online about this, media's gonna milk your story." Zayn warns.

~~~

"Good luck in Brooklyn." I tell Niall, wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Thank you," He wraps his arms around my back, giving me a tight squeeze.