Sleepovers

Tegan's P.O.V
September 2012

~~~

After convincing Mrs. Marjorie Willis, she agreed to let me have a sleepover at Princess Park with the boys. Louis came to pick me up on Friday after I got out of school. It was a forty minute drive, but I enjoyed chatting with Louis. He made me laugh the whole ride, my ribs even ached afterwards.

Liam, Niall and Zayn all had their own apartments, but Louis and Harry shared.

On Friday night, Harry cooked us all supper and we ate in their apartment. Afterwards, we played karaoke. I sang "Party in the U.S.A".

"Tegan that was great!" Harry compliments, ruffling my hair.

I turn my face away, hoping to hide any blushing.

"You sang your sweet little heart out!" Zayn adds.

Louis and Harry sing "Wouldn't It Be Nice" by the Beach Boys as a duet. I laugh hysterically the whole night, watching their horrid dancing and as they pick on each other.

~~~

"Okay, next in a large bowl over simmering water, melt butter, four ounces of chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate until smooth. Set aside and let cool for about 15 minutes." I read out loud.

Saturday morning, Harry and I decided to bake something for the other boys.

"How the heck do we know how much four ounces of chocolate chips is?" I ask.

"I've got it! A digital scale!" Harry exclaims, dashing out of the small kitchen.

He arrives less than a minute later, holding a scale. He places it on the floor.

"Okay, we have to weigh the bowl by itself first." Harry said, putting the bowl on my scale.

I get down on my hands and knees beside him.

"Right," I agree putting the empty bowl on the scale.

It read 0.3 pounds.

"Now we add chocolate chips, but we have to subtract three ounces from whatever it says once they're in. So pretty much it needs to say seven ounces." Harry explains.

"Right?" I agree, unsure. "This is a bit of mathematics I wasn't prepared for."

"Do you think it's gross we're using a person scale to weigh food?"

"It can be our little secret."

"I like the way you think, Tegan."

After we had four ounces of chocolate chips, we can move to the next step.

Mixing everything with the mixer was my favourite part. Harry turned the mixer on before he put it in the bowl, causing a bit of brownie batter to fly out. We both got covered a wee bit.

"What are you two cheeky monkeys doing?" Louis walks into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes.

Harry and I look at each other, continuing our laughing fit.

"Let me snap a photograph!" Louis notices our faces and upper shirts decorated in batter, grabbing a disposable camera.

Louis takes our photograph, shaking his head.

Eventually, we are able to put the brownies in the oven to bake for twenty five minutes. In the meantime, Harry and I begin to clean up our mess. I wipe down all the counters while he returns the leftover ingredients to their places. Next, we begin the dishes.

"We make a pretty epic team." Harry holds his hand up.

I jump slightly, slapping my hand against his.

~~~

Sunday arrives too quickly and Mrs. Marjorie Willis is picking me up from Princess Park. I'm gutted to leave them, but over the moon to tell Oliver all about it. I did miss Oliver while I was away. I hadn't been that far from Oliver in the last four years, so it felt odd.

Mrs. Fisher and the boys were friends I could've never imagined have just five months ago on my birthday in April. Being with them, made me realize all the positive parts of my life. Maybe life isn't all about having a traditional mum and dad. Love exists in all different ways and between all types of people.

~~~

read

comment

enjoy

share

and eat good pasta!

~Tyson 😴